PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use the target diamond cut points? and

RNLarry
16th January 2011, 05:43 PM
Do they hold up well? I mean they look like they would grip the board well but for how long? Any replies would be welcomed thanks.

JEDI
16th January 2011, 05:55 PM
they do run smooth but they still grip the board, the laser etching does last but the diffrence from when new till say 3 weeks down the line is big, but they still grip the sissle better than any silver point out there, i use only these points, nothing else and change them after 6 to 8 months play, they are the points of my preferance but maybe not everyone....................

Steve Metalman
16th January 2011, 05:56 PM
Do they hold up well? I mean they look like they would grip the board well but for how long? Any replies would be welcomed thanks.

Kong uses them on his new darts so they can't be that bad Larry

:harleylogo:

Raff
16th January 2011, 06:03 PM
they do run smooth but they still grip the board, the laser etching does last but the diffrence from when new till say 3 weeks down the line is big, but they still grip the sissle better than any silver point out there, i use only these points, nothing else and change them after 6 to 8 months play, they are the points of my preferance but maybe not everyone....................

What kind of effect do they have on the board itself? I tried using the Unicorn points with grip at the front a while back but they were terrible for pulling the sisal out of the board.

Steve Metalman
16th January 2011, 06:09 PM
Any points that are grippy on the tip are going to pull the fibres out unless you twizzle them before you take them out, and even then they still do damage.
One of the reasons I dont use anything but plain points slightly scuffed.
But thats just me, plenty of people like fancy points

Dartitis
16th January 2011, 06:11 PM
Bulls CD points for me Broseph, no real damage to the board and lovely to hold onto.

BullShark
16th January 2011, 06:16 PM
Good 2 Go mate, if you normally have a problem darts falling out of your board.

Steve Metalman
16th January 2011, 06:19 PM
The older I get the better I was

That should be my sig BullShark :biggrinodf:

Give it another 20 years and I will be the best world champion you never had lol

BullShark
16th January 2011, 06:26 PM
Nice one Steve. :D

JEDI
16th January 2011, 08:01 PM
What kind of effect do they have on the board itself? I tried using the Unicorn points with grip at the front a while back but they were terrible for pulling the sisal out of the board.

i use a bulls advantage 2 board, i throw 21g darts, the reason i started using them was to stop drop outs from the board, they dont damage the board but you do have to 'twizzle' them at first as it feels like your going to pull the board of the wall, after some use the initial grippyness wears down as they are laser etched even though the points dont seem as grippy the etching still causes friction against the sissal and the drop out ratio is next to non, well ive been using them for over a year and ive changed points twice and even when they where getting smooth i still had no drop outs, for 2.99 its worth giving them a go so you know, alot of pro's use them like Barney and Kong you may hate them i personally won't have any other points in my darts

lovejoy
16th January 2011, 08:34 PM
i use a bulls advantage 2 board, i throw 21g darts, the reason i started using them was to stop drop outs from the board, they dont damage the board but you do have to 'twizzle' them at first as it feels like your going to pull the board of the wall, after some use the initial grippyness wears down as they are laser etched even though the points dont seem as grippy the etching still causes friction against the sissal and the drop out ratio is next to non, well ive been using them for over a year and ive changed points twice and even when they where getting smooth i still had no drop outs, for 2.99 its worth giving them a go so you know, alot of pro's use them like Barney and Kong you may hate them i personally won't have any other points in my darts
:yeahthat::iagree:

Raff
16th January 2011, 08:44 PM

Cheers for that. As it goes, I also use a Bulls and 21g so may look into some.

DortsPal
16th January 2011, 09:54 PM
The diamond points stick in well. But I've only had them 'hang in' (because of the etching) a handful of times. Less than 10. In a lot of throws.

The problem is that if they hit the floor they will snap off. You're better off just throwing normal points IMO. Throw them hard enough and they'll stick in no problem.

the lamb
17th January 2011, 11:15 PM
The diamond points stick in well. But I've only had them 'hang in' (because of the etching) a handful of times. Less than 10. In a lot of throws.

The problem is that if they hit the floor they will snap off. You're better off just throwing normal points IMO. Throw them hard enough and they'll stick in no problem.

I quite like them.. as they get smoother they go into the board further still gripping nicely. I've had the tip break off one (as quoted above) but Target sorted it for me. But remember to twist the darts out of the board because you'll have to when they're new.