PDA

View Full Version : am i expecting too much?

yellafella
17th January 2011, 11:27 PM
As i have said in previous threads i have only been playing the game after an 8 year break for about 2 1/2 months and after using my mates scoring app tonight worked out my average is only 48. Is this a bit low? i was a bit dissapointed tbh! am i expecting to much of myself?
My biggest problem when i played sunday league football was being so self critical of my performance and always wanting more from myself and am i just doing the same thing with my darts?

Steve Metalman
17th January 2011, 11:45 PM
I see it often, players beating themselves up over bad darts.
It makes me happy as a competitor watching them overcompensate and steam coming out of their ears.
Some people just can't help themselves.
They use a perceived poor average to hit themselves over the head with.

Don't get caught up with averages.
You will find that trying to boost your average at the expense of other parts of your game will lead to poor performance.

If you start getting annoyed with your game what will happen,
your shoulders will slump and your chin will drop and you will start to miss even more, darts will start to drop and you will become even more sulky.

Shrug it off and get on with it. let the other bloke do the sulking when you whup him with your happy disposition.....It's just a game win or lose!!

RNLarry
18th January 2011, 06:33 PM
As i have said in previous threads i have only been playing the game after an 8 year break for about 2 1/2 months and after using my mates scoring app tonight worked out my average is only 48. Is this a bit low? i was a bit dissapointed tbh! am i expecting to much of myself?
My biggest problem when i played sunday league football was being so self critical of my performance and always wanting more from myself and am i just doing the same thing with my darts?

Sounds like me

scully88
18th January 2011, 07:45 PM
hmm i was same ive been on off and not in leagues for 8-9 years. i used to try get my average up by beating my dad or friend! dnt beat yourself up over it, just enjoy it u will get better

nnj
18th January 2011, 10:05 PM
it's going to take longer than a couple months after so long off to get back to original form. Just relax and practice, angry darts are the worst darts

Blindside
18th January 2011, 10:39 PM
Im sort of in the same boat mate, since i started using a dart app (dartpro) my performance has dropped! Before Christmas i could quite freely throw sub 25 dart legs for an evening, and 30+ dart legs were not frequent but still there now and then. However as soon as i start using dartpro, after every 3 darts im checking what my average is on (you cant ignore it) and it starts playing with my mind. My dartpro average is about 50 so recently ive stopped using it and just enjoyed throwing smoothly and stress free. As NNJ said angry throwing is something i unfortunately do quite a lot and although its hard to do, i think its best to have a break for a bit when it gets like that.

beds
19th January 2011, 02:05 PM
i average about 45 after playing for a few months, but my checkout rate is 35% so im pleased with that

bill b
19th January 2011, 02:42 PM
i have had a 25 year break..... only been back playing for around 6 months. its annoying when you cant throw the way you used to but remember, it took years to get to that level.

i have decided to keep working at it and improve as each week passes. i play in 2 leagues now.

after 1 year i will have a better idea as to wheather i,m getting any better.

yellafella
19th January 2011, 05:38 PM
I think whats letting me down is the doubles,when i get to my finnish im up around 60-70 then after the doubles im down to 48 if im lucky so the next 3 days doubles, doubles and more doubles i think