PDA

View Full Version : My Own Fault???

mattav1
21st January 2011, 06:01 PM
Ok this happened a while back now but just want to get your guys opinion. I was playing in a trebles tournament (Semi-Final) against the team who run the league and organised the tournament. Anyways I can't remember what finish I was on but after hitting a weird treble (that's weird for me!) I'd worked out that I had double 13 left, now at the time I wasn't too hot on my counting so I said to the marker "Double 13 left mate?" and he replied "No Double 14 mate", right "o" I said and I hit it with my last dart, I know it was a 3 figure finish because for the first time ever I give it the big fist pump and get-in (I hate the place who runs our league lol), only to be told by the opposing team that it was Double 13 like I thought, they said I bust my score and went on to win the match but I was so angry after this that I couldn't give a hoot to be fair.

So I know it's up to me to add up my score but bit harsh don't you think :confusedodf:

Is there an official ruling on this???

Steve Metalman
21st January 2011, 06:14 PM
Put it down to experience, you were robbed.
I'd say if it doesn't sound like what you think the score should be, I'd double check.
Easier said than done in the heat of the moment, whilst keeping your rhythm and flow.

You are allowed to ask what you have left, and the scorer is supposed to give you the remainder not how to get it.
eg he has to say '40' not 'Double Top'

I'm afraid markers make mistakes quite a lot, and this sort of thing is common.
Something as important as a finish, you need to keep on top of the score board, especially yours!!

viking
21st January 2011, 06:17 PM
The Scorers word is final mate you got screwed on that one, if you was playing any other team in the league I would have said complain but if your playing the team that run the comp your on to a loser. Take the lesson and learn from it you was unlucky.

mattav1
21st January 2011, 06:21 PM
Yer suppose you're right mate, to make matters worse all through the tournament every team had made sure to follow the same throwing order no regardless of who checked out so if the 1st thrower checked out leg 1 then thrower 2 would start the nest leg etc. Well those cheating lot had one player whose failry handy (he thinks he's the mutts nut mind because he appeared on bleeding Bullseye in the Shellsuit days) after my incident he hit the winning double ont he first leg and threw first the next one!

Thought I'd buried this now but obviously not :madodf: :madodf: :madodf:

dartnut
21st January 2011, 06:50 PM
officially: markers call is law... You can't claim the score which was left for that was official the moment you threw your first dart; with that movement you accepted the arytmatics...

Caller should indeed only tell you what's thrown or left, no finishes....

Steve Metalman
21st January 2011, 06:59 PM
Time to move on and let it go.
Who needs grey hairs ha ha
:trashcan:

Buzz180
22nd January 2011, 04:15 PM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh135/buzz180buzz/untitled-4.jpg

I know it's a bit late but, as you were told incorrectly what you had left, you can replace the darts thrown before, and throw any darts remaining again.

F4tboy
22nd January 2011, 04:38 PM
I have every sympathy for you fella.

Live, learn and move on.

The Plum who runs our league changes the rules to suit his team every year.

When it is then questioned his reply is it was voted through at the commitee meeting.

That would be the commitee made up of yourself and two 2 of your other team members then, would it.

What a fekking idiot.

All rule changes should be voted on at the AGM where all teams are represented.