PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why

the candyman.
25th January 2011, 04:12 PM
why do some teame need to cheat played the second leg of a cup game last night leading 7-6. i think every game we played last night someone said or did something when one of our guys was at the oche. now its wasted on me it goes right over my head!!! but all my team were moaning about it. if they need the win that bad they could of had the game. what do you guys think? and what have you had done to you?

BanannaMan
25th January 2011, 04:59 PM
probable used to losing every week . prob these players turn up and dont do the homework..gamemanship is always a factor in darts ...players u like / dont like
beat them on the board and if they keep losing they pobablly pack in which you were the cause as you were beating them all time.:winkodf:

ps. good players dont use gamemanship only bad players use it.:winkodf:

though i tend to slow up if my games not on till my darts improve.

RNLarry
25th January 2011, 06:57 PM
:yeahthat:What have I had done ??? Lordy what haven't they tried. Worse was putting entire team beside the board in my line of sight. ps I bore down and won the leg. Oh btw
it was the winning leg of the county championships.

ICEMAN
25th January 2011, 08:49 PM
I dont agree with with gamesmanship tactics allthough it does play a part in the game sadly, some players need to rely upon cheap tactics to gain an edge by upsetting their oppenant thankfully not allot of it goes on in my league.although saying that I have whitnesed the old pint slamming when your on a double, walking straight back at your opponent, slowing the game down etc.

I must admit I usaully fall to these tactics and become put off by them instead of letting it go over my head,someof my most rememborable gamesmanship experience occured when

one night I was playing in a knock out singles competition it was the deciding leg of the game with the winner goes through to next round.it was tight game and on the way back from his throw he "accidently" dropped all three of his darts on the floor right infront of me, intending to put me off. I had to wait for him to pick them up I was determind to punish him I then proceed to hit a 180 following it up with a 161 out shot the next.after shaking the guys hand he turned to me and said ill never drop my darts infront of you again.

also one night playing I played had who was rattling his change in his pocket everytime I threw sadly on this occaison I let it get to me and after losing called him a prick and stormed out. after this occasion ive never let this kind of thing bother me again after realising he got the response he wanted all along.

Ps its not just "bad" players who rely upon gamesmanship and cheap tactics some of the very best do also.

F4tboy
25th January 2011, 09:03 PM
I have had gamesmanship done to me and I respond in one of 2 ways:-

1) If I am playing well I wont notice what anyone says or does when at the oche.

2) If I am having a slump I will notice the slightest little thing and confront the person from the oche, usually mid set of 3. This tends to either shock or embarrass them and their team mates into silence for the rest of the game.

Kazinjo
25th January 2011, 09:03 PM
whou whou guys, are you trying to tell me that this is allowed at your place? We have strictly determined rules about that. Also, you can write a complain if such
things happens when game is on... Yet, it is happening here as well, not so often but it happens. Since our dart clubs and teams mostly plays in bars often a choice of music can be an important factor of the game. Yet, opponent team is allowed to ask for music to turn off or just to have volume down...

Steve Metalman
25th January 2011, 09:41 PM
Barracking has always gone on over here Kazinjo
It's something we have had to learn to deal with sadly.

If it's really outrageous then you can complain to the ref, but the players who participate in this sort of thing, know how to do it subtly and flout the rules.
Dropping the dart or a flight is a common one, riffling the flights or clicking the barrels is another. slowing up the game another one.

The one I had was standing too close to me, I had to muscle the player out of the way, but it was very off putting.
The more they do it the more determined I get.

What annoyed me a little bit last weekend was the players supporters calling out what to go for and what doubles were required.
Totally against the rules, but I had to play through it.
We had a marker but not a referee.
I didn't see the point of making a fuss as that would have put me off even more.

I've had a few moments done to me in my time, but I just put my big boots on and play as best to my ability. If I win I know I've done it fair and square

the candyman.
26th January 2011, 04:57 PM
i think we have all been there what got my goat was the guy who was dooing all the baracking was not even playing in there team just drinking with them, and he was there home and away sitting as close to the board as is possible that convinced me they were up to no good!!!!!but as we all know you must rise above theese things.(not allways that easy though is it)

gazman
26th January 2011, 05:12 PM
i think we have all been there what got my goat was the guy who was dooing all the baracking was not even playing in there team just drinking with them, and he was there home and away sitting as close to the board as is possible that convinced me they were up to no good!!!!!but as we all know you must rise above theese things.(not allways that easy though is it)

Its times like that you actually want a bounce out.

the candyman.
26th January 2011, 05:39 PM
so true gaz so true right between the eyes!!!

Reebok_Rebel
28th January 2011, 10:21 AM
i know its a little off topic this, but gazman reminded me of a time i was watching mrs rebel play in her local league...the opposing team was bieng a little noisy and putting the team off, the woman marking managed to get hit by a wayward dart (bounceout) ...right in the boob! it drew blood as well...

the woman was fine by the way, it wasnt that bad, id never want anyone to get hurt, but it was funny...