PDA

View Full Version : So how do ya take care of your board?

RNLarry
27th January 2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah,
I turn it. But once a week I slightly spray it with water. I know they say don't but it has helped my board. Lightly now:hide:

Toli
27th January 2011, 05:22 PM
I turn it when it bleeds, other than that just the occasional Lloyd punch

dartnut
27th January 2011, 05:39 PM
to much water will blow your board up; it'll " explode"

so don't say you didn't know when it does...

RNLarry
27th January 2011, 05:42 PM
I turn it when it bleeds, other than that just the occasional Lloyd punch

never thought of that, hummm maybe I try that

RNLarry
27th January 2011, 05:44 PM
to much water will blow your board up; it'll " explode"

so don't say you didn't know when it does...

I said slightly not drown it

gazman
27th January 2011, 05:54 PM
I personally try to avoid the treble 20 to keep it in good nick, using all the board and sometimes the surround. The wife thinks im crap, but thats my reason and im sticking to it.

Steve Metalman
27th January 2011, 06:06 PM
Hi Larry
I rotate the 14 to 20, once a week, more often if I'm practising extra for comps.

I don't spray the board at all, I wouldn't recommend putting anything on the board other than darts
I guess it may be a different climate where you live and you have managed to get away with it. I really don't know what the humidity levels are over in Florida
The main reasons are;
First, a paper dry fibre will soak up liquid like a sponge, and will result in swelling of the fibres
Secondly theres disruption to the glue that hold the fibres to the back board.

I've heard of people spraying WD 40 on the board!!
Although WD40 is a good lubricant for 'metal' I'd be concerned with how WD40 affects the glue again also leading to de-lamination of the fibres from the back board leading to bulges and a shorter board life.

All you can do with a board is to give it a good brush every so often to keep the dust and muck off it, and rotate it for even wear.

Bully
27th January 2011, 06:22 PM
I personally try to avoid the treble 20 to keep it in good nick, using all the board and sometimes the surround. The wife thinks im crap, but thats my reason and im sticking to it.

lol, top answer

Steve Metalman
27th January 2011, 06:39 PM

:postoftheday:

sidneymid
27th January 2011, 07:04 PM
dont throw anything at it, especially sharp pointed things!

seriously i find it best to rotate it one 60 segment every week and keep it out of direct or constant light, keep it cool and dark when not on uise, a cabinet works for me

regards

Giraffe
27th January 2011, 10:20 PM

I dont think Ill give this method a go.:biggrinodf::biggrinodf:

ICEMAN
28th January 2011, 11:35 AM

Quality mate fairplay

Chips_T95
28th January 2011, 11:54 AM
Rotate once a day, replace when knackered!