PDA

View Full Version : Deadline Day

The_Dreambhoy
31st January 2011, 08:08 PM
All happening down south. Torres having a medical at Chelsea and Andy Carroll doing the same at Liverpool. Carroll is a good player but come on 35 million, yer havin a bubble!

hang the dj
31st January 2011, 08:21 PM
35m for Carroll is a complete joke

The_Dreambhoy
31st January 2011, 08:26 PM

2009-2010 Season in the English Championship. Gary Hooper 19 goals Andy Carroll 17 Goals....Carroll gets sold to Liverpool for 35 mill....super Hooper must be worth 40 mill easy then....and he doesnt have a criminal record ;)

Giraffe
31st January 2011, 09:17 PM
Makes Ronaldo look like a bargain at 80 million

Steve Metalman
31st January 2011, 09:27 PM
50 mil for Torres??!!
You could buy a country for that :yikes:

a76
31st January 2011, 10:20 PM
Dream boy what boy you think about el haj diuof for rangers. the blokes a bawbag

Giraffe
31st January 2011, 10:21 PM
50 mil for Torres??!!
You could buy a country for that :yikes:

I could buy a lot of darts for that!

The_Dreambhoy
31st January 2011, 11:21 PM
Dream boy what boy you think about el haj diuof for rangers. the blokes a bawbag

Hes scum so he will fit in well over in Govan. Quite funny, there is a facebook page called "we hate el hadji diouf" it has had hundreds of new members tonight lol

Hope Lennons lack of activity doesnt come back to bite us in the backside between now and the end of the season

hang the dj
31st January 2011, 11:40 PM

He is a horrible, horrible individual - a match made in heaven

Greener
1st February 2011, 12:13 AM
35m for Carroll? wow. crazy. Still, Liverpool have had a fairly succesful transfer window really.

I think Chelsea will storm up the league now.

busman
2nd February 2011, 09:58 AM

In my opinion that much for any player is a joke. True supporters will go and watch their team no matter who they sign. It's all about money these days. Owners treat teams like a business, not like a club.

BanannaMan
2nd February 2011, 12:57 PM
wayne rooney at everton in 2 seasons scored 8 ,9 goals only. moved to man utd for 23m i think and made him a better player.

as that was 10yr ago i think then 35m is not to bad for carroll hes english so that adds value on for the c/league rule.

plus with chelski , utd, city with all the money they prob went in high i guess.

Kazinjo
3rd February 2011, 12:30 AM
Guys, what do you think about croatian players in premiere legue - Kranjcar, Modric, Eduardo da Silva ( brazilian tho but with croatian passport and plays for national team)...

Dartist
3rd February 2011, 12:56 AM
Modric is a brilliant player, could play for any of the top european clubs.
Kranjcar has always impressed me when i've seen him play for portsmouth in the past. Eduardo was a bit hit and miss then got a bad injury and was sold on by arsenal.

Martin71109
3rd February 2011, 12:06 PM
Kranjcar is now at spurs and is struggling to get in their first team :frownodf:

The_Dreambhoy
3rd February 2011, 12:14 PM
I disagree about Modric. I think he is too lightweight and on a lot of away days he disappears from the game for stages. Needs to bulk up a bit! I would actually prefare Kranjkar in my team, Think hes a fantastic footballer

lfcdartsfan
4th February 2011, 06:12 PM
lot of money for carroll but likes been said, it was a late deal and there is ALWAYS a premium that goes on english strikers

as a liverpool fan im incredibley happy with the deals, took me about 5 minutes to be gutted about torres leaving to realising apart from his first season for us hes never given his full effort for us, 1 good season then 2 and a half acting like a stroppy little kid or injured

50 mil for torres, 6 mil for ryan babel

35 mil for andy carroll, 23 mil for luis suarez

so 56 mil coming in and 58 mil going out

compare that to the 70 mil chelski have just spent and the fact theyve just announced losses of 70 mil aswell

means i casnt wait for this uefa books balancing rule to come into play :biggrinodf:

hightower
4th February 2011, 08:45 PM
35 million for Carroll is a lot of money and prob 15-20 million too much , but who else has the potential that this lad has ? In the right hands he could be the best striker of his generation , powerfull , quick , rocket of a shot - he plays like a young Drogba. Oh and before you ask I'm not even a Liverpool fan !

jackss565
4th February 2011, 09:25 PM
35 million for Carroll is a lot of money and prob 15-20 million too much , but who else has the potential that this lad has ? In the right hands he could be the best striker of his generation , powerfull , quick , rocket of a shot - he plays like a young Drogba. Oh and before you ask I'm not even a Liverpool fan !

I agree,give him a couple of seasons and we'll see if that was 35m well spent or not

Ian 91
5th February 2011, 01:07 AM
Did you know Michael Ricketts had the same career record as Carroll when he was at the stage Carroll is now?

Anyway, not a great for my beloved Celtic, but we should be ok once rogne and Majstorovic are back!

a76
5th February 2011, 01:46 PM
Did you know Michael Ricketts had the same career record as Carroll when he was at the stage Carroll is now?

Anyway, not a great for my beloved Celtic, but we should be ok once rogne and Majstorovic are back!

Majstorovic is mince

Ian 91
5th February 2011, 02:24 PM
Majstorovic is mince

Still dominated Rangers last time out though.

AndrewMgan1976
6th February 2011, 12:09 PM

Think he is still finding Kenny Miller in his pocket!!!!!!!!!!!

a76
6th February 2011, 08:30 PM

As im not a Rangers fan i dont care if he dominated Rangers, if you watched the game today i hope you have changed your view. The man is mince.

Ian 91
7th February 2011, 01:16 AM
As im not a Rangers fan i dont care if he dominated Rangers, if you watched the game today i hope you have changed your view. The man is mince.

I don't care if you are or aren't, I was making the point that in the biggest game of the season he performed well. But you're right, he's not much good, Rogne's better. We need a new CB though.