PDA

View Full Version : What's New?

Missed!
1st February 2011, 12:34 PM
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct section for this post but I'm sure it can be moved if not.

My problem concerns the 'What's New' link. It's a great idea for viewing the latest posts from any of the Forums but my problem is:

When I log in and click 'What's New' I see maybe 3 - 7 posts, I guess these must be the posts since I last logged in? But if I log out and click 'What's New' I see all the latest posts from Today/Yesterday, and some of these new posts I have not read/noticed before! So to make it easy to see all the latest I have to log out and log back in again if I want to reply.

Is it me? Is my understanding of the 'What's New' link correct?

cheers for any info.

Hawkeye
1st February 2011, 01:42 PM
We'll look into it. :smileb:

RNLarry
1st February 2011, 03:21 PM
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct section for this post but I'm sure it can be moved if not.

My problem concerns the 'What's New' link. It's a great idea for viewing the latest posts from any of the Forums but my problem is:

When I log in and click 'What's New' I see maybe 3 - 7 posts, I guess these must be the posts since I last logged in? But if I log out and click 'What's New' I see all the latest posts from Today/Yesterday, and some of these new posts I have not read/noticed before! So to make it easy to see all the latest I have to log out and log back in again if I want to reply.

Is it me? Is my understanding of the 'What's New' link correct?

cheers for any info.

Throw your computer away immediately!!!! No just kidding , the mods are good about sorting these stuff out.

Steve Metalman
1st February 2011, 03:36 PM
Throw your computer away immediately!!!! No just kidding , the mods are good about sorting these stuff out.

No we ain't :biggrinodf:

Having looked at the navbar recently it seems that what comes with the software is as it is.
I've been looking in the modshack tool box, and there doesn't appear to be an option to change it.
You are not the only one who doesn't like the last 24 hours posts timing out or disappearing reappearing new stuff.

All these forums are off the shelf so to speak, rather than custom built.
So sometimes limited to what can and can't be put on them.

We have new features in this new forum that wasn't on the old form, ie the video embed etc, but some of the old features didn't come in the new upgrade package

Buzz180
1st February 2011, 03:38 PM
If you logout it changes to today's posts, that's why you get more posts, it shows the total posted today (i'm not sure if that's a 24hr day, or just the date) were if your logged in, it just shows since your last visit.

gazman
1st February 2011, 05:27 PM
If you logout it changes to today's posts, that's why you get more posts, it shows the total posted today (i'm not sure if that's a 24hr day, or just the date) were if your logged in, it just shows since your last visit.

Exactamundo :yeahthat:

bdo-ali
2nd February 2011, 12:57 PM
Exactamundo :yeahthat:

^^^^
do one cod face

Kazinjo
2nd February 2011, 09:19 PM
You can always click a refresh button and all the changes will appear! Thats how I do!