PDA

View Full Version : eclipse pro dartboard

dutch
14th February 2011, 06:21 PM
hello mr Unicorn whats happened with the eclipse pro dartboard.I've had one now for about 15 months and it has been great but my mate bought one less than 2 months ago and it is falling apart already.This has put me off buying a new one but it appears dartscorner has stopped selling them anyway.Has there been a problem with manufacturing or is there a new board coming out on the horizon it's a real shame because it has been the best board I've had (also tried bulls and blade 3) so whats going on.
cheers folks dutch

Paul D
16th February 2011, 09:29 AM
a search will probably show up people's opinions on this.

Fidan
18th February 2011, 11:10 PM
Problems with Unicorn Eclipse Pro too.
I both two tables, one is ok, but on the other one stripes start to come out.
If you have any suggestions how can I fix this please tell me.
Thanks

Steve Metalman
18th February 2011, 11:32 PM
Hi Fidan
Welcome to the forum

That shouldn't happen.
do you live in the UK?

digger331
18th February 2011, 11:59 PM
That's not like Unicorn to sell one like that - you must have received one of many that got past the inspection two years ago.

I'd send it straight to Unicorn for a replacement. Contact them through e-mail and tell them what happened, then ask how to get a new one shipped to you.

tommy
19th February 2011, 03:04 AM
hello mr Unicorn whats happened with the eclipse pro dartboard.I've had one now for about 15 months and it has been great but my mate bought one less than 2 months ago and it is falling apart already.This has put me off buying a new one but it appears dartscorner has stopped selling them anyway.Has there been a problem with manufacturing or is there a new board coming out on the horizon it's a real shame because it has been the best board I've had (also tried bulls and blade 3) so whats going on.
cheers folks dutch

i've had mine for 3 years or so, its still in good nick, but my brother bought one recently and it seems that the bristles are very loose in it, if you rub the board with your finger you can see the bristles moving like a wave(if that makes sense) also the wire around the 19 to the 10 seem to be gradually popping out! had there been a change in the production process thats causing this? as i've said mine is still in great nick, and it's 3 years older!!

Daz180
19th February 2011, 03:18 AM
Mate i thing wat the best thing u cud do is put a wooden board on it and stand on it or hammer it

Steve Metalman
19th February 2011, 03:54 AM
Mate i thing wat the best thing u cud do is put a wooden board on it and stand on it or hammer it
I dont think that will work but it must be worth a try.
What it needs is some real pressure from a press, and glue to hold it in place, beyond the scope of a DIY repair.
It needs to go back to unicorn really.
Send them a polite email with a few pictures.
The Eclipse is a great board, I love mine, its one I've never complained too much about.

Fidan
19th February 2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks to all for quick reply,
Im living in Macedonia, so it is very difficult for me to send the board back to Unicorn, the shipment is very expensive.
I both the board from one dart shop in Germany.
I fix it yesterday with hammer :)
For now it is good, but I think it will spread apart again.
Do you spray your boards with water, because I don't. Maybe that is the reason?
I have two boards in the same room with the same lightning and the other one is excellent.

Steve Metalman
19th February 2011, 01:09 PM
Dont spray you board with water or anything come to that.
This causes the fibres to swell and the glue to stop working.
Looks like you need a new board soon.

Have a look here, shipping costs arent too bad
http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/Dartboards/c342/index.html

Fidan
19th February 2011, 11:39 PM
Yes I see the boards, but I both this boards like a month ago. :)
I will buy Winmau blade4 next it coast 24.95 the shipping for one board is 24.95, and for two boards is 29.95 :)
But I think it is too soon for that.
Today the stripes come out again :(

Steve Metalman
19th February 2011, 11:57 PM
Just bit of help here Fidan, the 'stripes' are called 'the spider' because it looks like a spiders web we also call them 'the wires' or even a blade as its thin and flat like a knife( as in blade 4).

Unless you can glue it in place and and hold it under pressure.
it will keep coming out with the vibration.
Perhaps you could staple it in place with 'U' nails

Maybe you can do without the spider and take it off completely

Fidan
20th February 2011, 12:17 AM
Yes I see the boards, but I both this boards like a month ago. :)
I will buy Winmau blade4 next it coast 24.95 the shipping for one board is 24.95, and for two boards is 29.95 :)
But I think it is too soon for that.
Today the stripes come out again :(

Thanks for correcting me :)
Im kind new in darts world and my English is not that good. I make grammar mistakes too.
What kind of glue do I use? Anything specific?

Steve Metalman
20th February 2011, 01:41 AM
Thanks for correcting me :)
Im kind new in darts world and my English is not that good. I make grammar mistakes too.
What kind of glue do I use? Anything specific?

I still think you should contact unicorn and offer to pay the postage on a replacement.

You are in a unique position to be one of the first clubs in Macedonia to have dartboards.
This is a link to Unicorns website and contact details
Click this - Unicorn Darts.com (http://www.unicorn-darts.com/contact/)

I don't know Fidan,
Glue is a messy business if you get it wrong and can do more harm than good.
If I were to take a guess I would say Titebond or Gorilla glue.
You could end up making things worse and the bristles coming away with the wire.

If you are adamant that you want to try and repair the board
I suggest forgetting the glue and, hammering the wire in as you did before then fixing it in place using fence staples
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVxcM_qvPQozG7ME7P1err33iBvhxCk wschPvpXdBk2EriH55W

digger331
20th February 2011, 02:02 AM
i've had mine for 3 years or so, its still in good nick, but my brother bought one recently and it seems that the bristles are very loose in it, if you rub the board with your finger you can see the bristles moving like a wave(if that makes sense) also the wire around the 19 to the 10 seem to be gradually popping out! had there been a change in the production process thats causing this? as i've said mine is still in great nick, and it's 3 years older!!

The reason for this is when the first EP boards came out, they were well made and held up as they should. However, two years ago when production was resumed, the board didn't have the same quality as the first-run boards. This is also why the EP-HD board was never put into distribution.

I'm assuming - due to its huge popularity - that Unicorn used another producer for its second run of boards, but apparently, tried to keep costs down to entice more buyers (the original boards were approx. 40/$65). Unfortunately, it seems keeping the costs down and trying to make a profit came into conflict and produced a less than premium board.

There are still a lot of bad boards out in circulation. Luckily, Unicorn will make good on any board that doesn't meet standards.

Fidan
20th February 2011, 12:48 PM
I still think you should contact unicorn and offer to pay the postage on a replacement.

You are in a unique position to be one of the first clubs in Macedonia to have dartboards.
This is a link to Unicorns website and contact details
Click this - Unicorn Darts.com (http://www.unicorn-darts.com/contact/)

I don't know Fidan,
Glue is a messy business if you get it wrong and can do more harm than good.
If I were to take a guess I would say Titebond or Gorilla glue.
You could end up making things worse and the bristles coming away with the wire.

If you are adamant that you want to try and repair the board
I suggest forgetting the glue and, hammering the wire in as you did before then fixing it in place using fence staples
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVxcM_qvPQozG7ME7P1err33iBvhxCk wschPvpXdBk2EriH55W

Thanks a lot!