PDA

View Full Version : Alan Pardew named as Newcastle boss

three bulls
9th December 2010, 12:09 PM
As a Newcastle fan i look forward to Champions League football next season with the awesome Pardew at the helm.

Brett
9th December 2010, 12:13 PM
I really dont see the difference in managers and I personally think Newcastle have been disgraceful to Chris Houghton

nice to see the other sports forums in full work :)

TNT
9th December 2010, 12:17 PM
As a Newcastle fan i look forward to Champions League football next season with the awesome Pardew at the helm.

Champions(hip) League more like! ;) Im a City fan mate, and have seen our fair share of mental chairmans choices/decisions - I cant believe Ashley sacked Houghton ..... wtf had he done wrong?

Who's Winnin
9th December 2010, 03:16 PM
Disgraceful decision by Mike Ashley, things had finally settled down at Newcastle with Chris Hughton in charge on and off the pitch but decides he wants someone better with more expierience and then goes and employs a manager who constantly sends teams on a downward spiral and gets sacked and even better a five and a half year deal to boot.

I would be fuming if i was a newcastle fan but like some newcastle fans have said, protests will do nothing but hurt the players who need all support they can get and have to move on and hope things work out !

the lipstick assasin
9th December 2010, 03:23 PM
pardew wont make a difference newcastle seem to think there a top 6 club lol.no chance of that

Petinho
9th December 2010, 03:27 PM
what had Houghton done wrong?? went up at the 1st attempt, mid table having spent no money, battered sunderland 5-1 (ok afew dodgy results inbetween) i hope you go down cause that was a disgrace

TROUBLEAGAIN
9th December 2010, 05:29 PM
Pardews agents worked wonders a 5 year deal wow !!!!
His last 3 clubs tend to keep their managers and he didnt last long so a 5 year deal is good business on his behalf..Will it be on Newcastles though..

rhern
9th December 2010, 05:47 PM
Gutted by this. I'm gan on Saturday too!

The_Dreambhoy
9th December 2010, 05:57 PM
Cant believe they have given him a 5 and a half year contract!!! Fair enough if you attract a top top manager and he demands a long term future or he wont take over. However Alan Pardew is not a top manager and I have no doubt he will struggle to do a good job. He must have thought all his Christmas's had come at once when he got offered that length of deal as now he will be on a huge pay off when he gets the sack probably in the next 18 months :)

F4tboy
11th December 2010, 09:50 PM
3-1 win to start with then for Pardew.

Martin71109
11th December 2010, 11:06 PM
Good start but unsure he will last the 5 years contract he has got.
being a Huddersfield Town fan, i saw him at Southampton and he did nothing for them and they are lower league :confused:

F4tboy
11th December 2010, 11:14 PM
Pardew can`t lose whatever happens.

If he takes Newcastle to the top and the champions league, he is worshipped as a hero.

If it all goes wrong and he is sacked, he will walk away with a massive payout from that 5.5 year contract.