PDA

View Full Version : Golf

hightower
11th March 2011, 05:47 PM
Well I am a bit bored , so thought I'd be the first to post about golf.

Wasn't it invented in Scotland ?

RNLarry
11th March 2011, 05:53 PM
Yes, and Tiger will never be what he once was. You see at one time I was a world class athelete. And what separates the Pros from Amateurs beside skill is the mental game period. If your head not on tight u can forget it. And his is loose. All Pros are good , its the mental that separates good from great.

Hazza
11th March 2011, 05:53 PM
The modern game did but it's all a bit unclear where the original idea came from.

hightower
11th March 2011, 07:21 PM
Yes, and Tiger will never be what he once was. You see at one time I was a world class athelete. And what separates the Pros from Amateurs beside skill is the mental game period. If your head not on tight u can forget it. And his is loose. All Pros are good , its the mental that separates good from great.

You dont give up with your mind mumbo jumbo stuff do you ?

fotoman
11th March 2011, 10:47 PM
well, the mind is what separates the good players from the best players. We've all hit 180s, we've all hit 12 darters, but doing it over and over again is more mental than physical. If we can execute it once, we have the physical down... the rest is in your head.

As someone who played golf for many years... I went from a 19 to a 9 in 3 months just by thinking differently. My swing didn't change, I practiced just as much as I did the previous year, but my thought process was different on the course.