PDA

View Full Version : Confidence

DoubleOut
10th December 2010, 10:57 PM
When I was younger (a lot) I used to play a lot of basketball. I was someone who wanted the ball and wanted to score (surprisingly not all people do), I had a nice touch and when I was 'feeling it' all I wanted to do was get the ball and shoot. Even if they were not going in, if they were leaving my hand well I would always take the shot - miss 5 in a row just give me the ball and I would shoot again because thats what a pure shooter does, they BELIEVE.

For me darts is the same and the mechanics are in some ways similar, so that even tho I am just a newbie if the darts are leaving my hand well and hitting the board with a nice 'thunk' and straight then even if I am not scoring large I still BELIEVE it will come right on the next throw.

What about you, what fuels your confidence?

nnj
11th December 2010, 12:32 AM
past achievements helps...i know what ive won/thrown in the past...no reason i cant repeat. this plus striving to get to the next level..theres always another level/game/tournament that i can try out

(shouldnt this be in the "help section")

Steve Metalman
11th December 2010, 12:37 AM
past achievements helps...i know what ive won/thrown in the past...no reason i cant repeat. this plus striving to get to the next level..theres always another level/game/tournament that i can try out

(shouldnt this be in the "help section")

It is now :)
Well spotted

the lipstick assasin
11th December 2010, 12:44 AM
my confidence in what i can do by scoring and finishing well

Steve Metalman
11th December 2010, 12:47 AM
PMA!!

Positive Mental Attitude
Does it for me. :)

DoubleOut
11th December 2010, 01:49 AM
Why should it be in the 'Help' section, I certainly didn't start to get any?

Where do you post then just to have a chat about a topic?

Steve Metalman
11th December 2010, 02:19 AM
Hi George

My reasoning for moving it to the help section is because Its a very important subject
I thought it was a subject of attitude rather than a PDC subject
A discussion like this would help a lot of other players, on quite a significent level.

We are here to expand the game and lead by example.
We try to help our fellow dart players to the best of our ability iron out those niggling problems.
And a lack of confidence is a debilitating niggle

I certainly didn't get to much help when I started 30 years ago.
How so much time could have been saved with a few tips to help me long the way.

You asked what fuels our confidence.
Don't you think it would be a good idea if others gained from the answers.

Now I've said that I do realise,
Where should you have posted?
We haven't got a section for General Darts Chat.
So it's only fair you would have to post somewhere!!

Like you say its a discussion.
What you've brought , (well at least to my attention) is there is nowhere to post this discussion.
PDC Chat wasn't the place in my opinion.
I'll ask the guys to add a general darts chat section so this doesn't happen again.

Haha we have a non darts chat section, you'd think we'd have a darts chat section.

My apologies If I've caused a misunderstanding

DoubleOut
11th December 2010, 03:25 AM
No mate your explanation is fine, I was the dummy I just saw the heading PDC news and General Chat and put it there doh not thinking it was about general chat on the PDC so thanks 'nnj' for pointing it out and you Steve for fixing it. I did look for somewhere else to put it as I didn't really think it was a 'Help' topic but no harm done.

Steve Metalman
11th December 2010, 06:02 AM
Thanks George, appreciated :)

gazman
11th December 2010, 08:51 AM
I've now popped this into the brand spanking new "General darts chat section".

Steve Metalman
11th December 2010, 01:23 PM
LOL
Does this win the prize for Most Moved Thread.

OK back to the subject of DoubleOut.
What fuels your confidence?

Buzz180
11th December 2010, 05:36 PM
What about you, what fuels your confidence?

Strongbow :cool: