PDA

View Full Version : World Championship Snooker

dreambhoy
27th April 2011, 05:44 PM
Anyone watch todays quarter final between Higgins and O'Sullivan? Fantastic match nicely poised at 8 all going into tonights session....C'MON JOHN!!!!!! :biggrinodf:

Bigshow
27th April 2011, 06:25 PM
Higgins is a cheater. I lost all respect for him. He should have been banned for life and if he wasn`t number 1 in the world with such a high profile then i believe he would have been. C`MON RONNIE :winkodf:

Steve Metalman
27th April 2011, 06:39 PM
I can't say too much about Higgins, he got cleared but mud sticks.

If he did do it, then thats a lesson learnt never to be repeated.
If he didn't do it then he's a plum for getting himself into that situation in the first place.
I'm prepared to forgive and move on and hope its a one off.

I like Ronnie, but I've lost interest in snooker and haven't been watching it

dreambhoy
27th April 2011, 06:47 PM
You are right in what you both say but the fact his manager was so corrupt makes me think there is a chance he may have been set up, and as long as theres a chance its not true, im prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt........(and because hes a Celtic season ticket holder :biggrinodf: )

lovejoy
27th April 2011, 08:00 PM
Higgins is a cheater. I lost all respect for him. He should have been banned for life and if he wasn`t number 1 in the world with such a high profile then i believe he would have been. C`MON RONNIE :winkodf:

Agreed! Plus Ronnie is my fave! ;)

Dartist
27th April 2011, 08:26 PM

Pretty much sums up what i think of John Higgins. Disgrace he's even there to be poised at 8-8

Giraffe
27th April 2011, 09:08 PM
Snooker is so slow and boring, what they need is premier league style crowds to spice things up!

Martin71109
27th April 2011, 09:48 PM
higgins won 13-10 to progress to semi finals; unlucky ronnie :frownodf:

Hazza
27th April 2011, 09:57 PM
Snooker is so slow and boring, what they need is premier league style crowds to spice things up!

Yeah get a few coins and pints thrown over the table, and some walk on girls :biggrinodf::smileb::coolodf:

Hazza
27th April 2011, 09:58 PM
Im just watching Selby and Ding now, looks like Ding might take it, good battle

hang the dj
27th April 2011, 10:01 PM
Well done John

Great stuff from one of the all time greats

dreambhoy
28th April 2011, 12:03 AM
Well played John bhoy. Superb performance and you shut all the Ronnie fans up, good lad ;)

Bocuma
28th April 2011, 10:10 AM
Im just watching Selby and Ding now, looks like Ding might take it, good battle

Saw the last few frames of Selby v Ding, was a good match, although gutted Selby missed that pink in the last frame. Ding v Trump has the potential to be superb. I went to see Robertson v Trump in the first round so kind of wanting Trump to win it

dreambhoy
28th April 2011, 10:26 AM
Saw the last few frames of Selby v Ding, was a good match, although gutted Selby missed that pink in the last frame. Ding v Trump has the potential to be superb. I went to see Robertson v Trump in the first round so kind of wanting Trump to win it

Trump has been awesome, also love watching him because his average shot time is between 12 and 15 seconds so he doesnt mess around. Want Higgins to win it now though although Williams is current World number 1 so it should be a cracker of a semi between the 2 best in the world

Stran
28th April 2011, 04:36 PM
Trump going to beat ding i think and then win the championship :)

JEDI
28th April 2011, 04:49 PM
O'sullivan dissapointed me, im not a big snooker fan but i like ronnie, hopefully trump can go on and win it and then we have another new face to the snooker world

lovejoy
28th April 2011, 06:29 PM
I like the way Judd is playing atm and I think he'll beat Ding, but I'm not sure he's quite got the temperament to win a world championship yet. I'd like to see him win it, but I'm not sure........ I'm hoping Williams will go all the way, and do in that cheating git on his way!

lovejoy
28th April 2011, 11:47 PM
Both semis nicely poised at 5-3 after one session. Judd v Mark final would be a good un!

dreambhoy
29th April 2011, 12:47 AM
John Higgins will defo win it now, had 30 on him at 4/1 before it started and just put another 20 on him at 5/2. I suggest you all do the same. The only true champion left who knows how to grind a player down and beat them. ;)

Martin71109
29th April 2011, 01:54 PM
i dunno, mark williams is a tough player to beat and has been there and bought the t-shirt before

lovejoy
30th April 2011, 05:43 PM
Well done to Trump, he's made the final and becomes the second youngest player ever to do so! Just a matter of who he's playing still to be decided......

Missed!
30th April 2011, 05:57 PM
Great semi that, I thought it would be Williams, then I thought it would be Higgins, then Williams, now Higgins :confusedodf:

Steve Metalman
30th April 2011, 06:01 PM
:wales:
I know who I'd support

lovejoy
30th April 2011, 06:44 PM
:wales:
I know who I'd support

Me too!!

lovejoy
30th April 2011, 09:34 PM
So Judd vs the fixer in the final then. Williams missed some easy shots tonight, c'mon Judd!!!!

josh.e
30th April 2011, 09:53 PM
He shouldn't even be there Imo (Higgins) He was only banned for six months for match fixing. Only because it's a big name.

Come on Judd.

Martin71109
30th April 2011, 09:56 PM
would be good to see a youngster win it; common on judd! had experience of premier league so you never know

lovejoy
30th April 2011, 09:56 PM
He shouldn't even be there Imo (Higgins) He was only banned for six months for match fixing. Only because it's a big name.

Come on Judd.

Tbh it's always in the back of my mind, like when he played a near impossible swerve with the extended spider when Mark needed snookers and hit the pink instead of blue! I agree convicted cheats shouldn't be allowed to play, and then the commentators say he's had difficult year! What a load of balls! Cmon Judd!!!

Martin71109
30th April 2011, 09:57 PM
Tbh it's always in the back of my mind, like when he played a near impossible swerve with the extended spider when Mark needed snookers and hit the pink instead of blue! I agree convicted cheats shouldn't be allowed to play, and then the commentators say he's had difficult year! What a load of balls! Cmon Judd!!!

your a hard man mr lovejoy!! :eekodf: :biggrinodf:

lovejoy
30th April 2011, 10:00 PM
your a hard man mr lovejoy!! :eekodf: :biggrinodf:

I'm like phil Mitchell when i get going! Lol

Martin71109
30th April 2011, 10:06 PM
I'm like phil Mitchell when i get going! Lol

what, an old has been that was an alcoholic and previous drug user and womeniser?? :eekodf:

lovejoy
30th April 2011, 10:07 PM
what, an old has been that was an alcoholic and previous drug user and womeniser?? :eekodf:

Ermm.... Nah just the well ard bit.....

Martin71109
30th April 2011, 10:10 PM
Ermm.... Nah just the well ard bit.....

ah ok, fair enough :smileodf:

Harry
30th April 2011, 10:25 PM
Guys, I'm a big snooker fan, and John Higgins was cleared of any wrong-doing so why all the hate? He is a great player and deserves more respect.

F4tboy
30th April 2011, 10:29 PM
No smoke without fire Harry.

josh.e
30th April 2011, 10:30 PM
Guys, I'm a big snooker fan, and John Higgins was cleared of any wrong-doing so why all the hate? He is a great player and deserves more respect.

because he's a cheat.

Cheat's should be banned forever.

josh.e
30th April 2011, 10:32 PM

and me.

It's almost like whenever he misses an easy shot he's fixing it. I know he isn't any more (I hope lol) but there's always that hint of doubt

F4tboy
30th April 2011, 10:38 PM
Thats what it all comes down to.

There will always be that element of doubt now.

Harry
30th April 2011, 11:23 PM
But it was NEVER proven (Proved?) :s

If he did cheat he would most certainly not be playing in the world champs this year, he was simply banned for 6 months for bringing the game into disrepute.

F4tboy
30th April 2011, 11:29 PM
http://www.thehulltruth.com/attachments/boating-forum/161243-cracked-proline-hull-thread-update-sweep-20under-20carpet.jpg

Bazza Brush at work again?

josh.e
30th April 2011, 11:29 PM
But it was NEVER proven (Proved?) :s

If he did cheat he would most certainly not be playing in the world champs this year, he was simply banned for 6 months for bringing the game into disrepute.

And his little "he thought he was going to die" sob story helped him.

He really looked scared on those videos.

If that isn't blatant cheating then what is. He shouldn't be playing in the World Champs this year and shouldn't play competitive snooker again.

F4tboy
30th April 2011, 11:33 PM
As a Scotsman John Higgins should be familiar with that verdict.

Not Proven.....

I.e. not guilty, but not innocent either!

Harry
30th April 2011, 11:46 PM
Ok Josh, if you had the mafia or whoever they were telling you to fix games, would you say no? I think what he did was absolutely right in agreeing with them and then coming back to England and reporting it to the WPBSA. Had he done it before the NOTW scandal he would not be branded 'cheat' and 'fixer'. They tried to use bully boy tactics and manipulate John because of there power, and clearly, it worked.

josh.e
30th April 2011, 11:52 PM
Ok Josh, if you had the mafia or whoever they were telling you to fix games, would you say no? I think what he did was absolutely right in agreeing with them and then coming back to England and reporting it to the WPBSA. Had he done it before the NOTW scandal he would not be branded 'cheat' and 'fixer'. They tried to use bully boy tactics and manipulate John because of there power, and clearly, it worked.

Imho I think he's a cheat whether he reported to World Snooker or what? I'm not anyone special behind the scenes I just read what's in the papers and on the internet. I'm judged my opinion on what I saw.

But as already said there's always going to be a element of doubt

ICEMAN
30th April 2011, 11:54 PM
I so wanted Mark Williams to win not just because i'm Welsh but because he had been playing so well the past few weeks.I think he missed his opportunity last night where he could have gone 5 clear at 10-5 but didn't.I knew about Higgins ban the whole match fixing but never looked into more until just now.I didn't' realize that it was set up by undercover news of the world investigators.after reading the article and watching the undercover video I think its a disgrace that hes still playing tbf if it had been anyone else they would have been banned for life.If you get the chance to watch the video you see a very different John Higgins come across very far from man you see on the tv interviews.

dreambhoy
30th April 2011, 11:56 PM
Say wht youz want about him, not even reading these posts as its just bitter people writing them

END OF THE DAY HE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD BY A COUNTRY MILE AND WILL BE WORLD CHAMPION ON MONDAY, END OF DISCUSSION!!!!!! C'MON JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!

josh.e
30th April 2011, 11:59 PM
Say wht youz want about him, not even reading these posts as its just bitter people writing them

END OF THE DAY HE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD BY A COUNTRY MILE AND WILL BE WORLD CHAMPION ON MONDAY, END OF DISCUSSION!!!!!! C'MON JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody is denying he's talent. He is one of the best ever snooker players.

But I do hope that Judd wins on Monday. How many frames is the final

F4tboy
1st May 2011, 12:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YesmwO6jLUA&feature=youtu.be

F4tboy
1st May 2011, 12:10 AM
How many frames is the final

Depends how many frames John wants there to be:cheekyodf::cheekyodf::cheekyodf:

ICEMAN
1st May 2011, 12:25 AM
lol nice one.

Theres no way he looked scared in that video to me anyway all he could think about was a way to pocket the money without it looking suspicious, he was so scared he managed to negotiate another 100,000 euros out of the deal he knew exactly what he was doing.

josh.e
1st May 2011, 12:25 AM
Depends how many frames John wants there to be:cheekyodf::cheekyodf::cheekyodf:

I suppose, however many decided between him and his Russian Mafia friends.

josh.e
1st May 2011, 12:32 AM
lol nice one.

Theres no way he looked scared in that video to me anyway all he could think about was a way to pocket the money without it looking suspicious, he was so scared he managed to negotiate another 100,000 euros out of the deal he knew exactly what he was doing.

He was even laughing aswell at one point.

A weird way of showing fear

Steve Metalman
1st May 2011, 12:34 AM
Actually he didn't report it, thats why he got into trouble.
I'm neutral and have no axe to grind, but I think its fishy at best

F4tboy
1st May 2011, 12:36 AM
I suppose, however many decided between him and his Russian Mafia friends.

Sorry, couldnt resist that one.

I was http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/smiley-in-action/fishing.gif for Dreambhoy.

Thanks for fixing the link Steve, I seem to have become temporarily technophobic.

josh.e
1st May 2011, 12:38 AM
I'm neutral and have no axe to grind, but I think its fishy at best

What I thought but I didn't want to look like an idiot if I was wrong

ICEMAN
1st May 2011, 12:41 AM
He must have signed off, I don't think he could have resisted the bait otherwise.You never know you might wake up tomorrow and find a little fishy on your hook lol

Steve Metalman
1st May 2011, 12:49 AM
What I thought but I didn't want to look like an idiot if I was wrong

Thats going to be Higgins problem, no one will remember the details, they'll just watch the video and come to their own conclusions.

In my case, I've concluded it looks fishy.
His body language is too comfortable, (just another day in the office!!)

Fingers burned lesson learned.

F4tboy
1st May 2011, 12:49 AM

But by extending that logically, Higgins had negotiated 300K for throwing 4 frames and was not going to say anything and therefore expected to cash in.

It is only because the NOTW released the video / story he had to come up with a defence and say something.

Basically he got his fingers burnt.

Sorry I think there is definitely something in it.

josh.e
1st May 2011, 12:50 AM
Thats going to be Higgins problem, no one will remember the details, they'll just watch the video and come to their own conclusions.

In my case, I've concluded it looks fishy.
His body language is too comfortable, (just another day in the office!!)

Fingers burned lesson learned.

Indeed so. Having his career nearly ruined should teach him.

dreambhoy
1st May 2011, 08:58 AM
Sorry, couldnt resist that one.

I was http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/smiley-in-action/fishing.gif for Dreambhoy.

Thanks for fixing the link Steve, I seem to have become temporarily technophobic.

Haha I was lyin in my kip on my fone n must have fell asleep, otherwise I probably would have taken the bait! Lol but fresh head this morning so no chance now lol ;). I know how the evidence looks and tbh if I wasn't a fan of his I would probably think differently. But I have met him on several occasions (he regularly comes to my local snooker club) he is a really good guy who loves his family and the sport. He always has time for a chat with everyone and I this is why I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he had to go infront of a panel who found him not guilty on the. Bribery charges, then that's good enough for me. If the evidence was there then Barry Hearn had the perfect guy to use as an example to others about cheating by banning him for life, however he didn't which makes me believe there was nothing in it.

F4tboy
1st May 2011, 09:55 AM
Thats a reasonable arguement in his defence.

Its just personally I will always feel a little doubt about any of his games now.

You have avoided the hook well my friend:biggrinodf:, your much easier to discuss things with when your not on a patriotic rampage.

Brett
1st May 2011, 10:04 AM
Ive been really impressed with Judd Trump, Watched most of his game against Ding and he was great. I think Higgins may be a step to far but its not going to be a walkover, hes going to push him to the edge

TROUBLEAGAIN
1st May 2011, 01:13 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/snooker/13253010.stm --

lovejoy
1st May 2011, 01:19 PM
Sad news indeed........

josh.e
1st May 2011, 01:27 PM
Definitely sad news. Rest In Peace Ted Lowe

Harry
1st May 2011, 03:03 PM
Really sad news, a snooker legend and will be sorely missed.

R.I.P. Ted Lowe

josh.e
1st May 2011, 09:35 PM
8-7 to Judd Trump at the moment.

lovejoy
1st May 2011, 09:54 PM
What a great final so far! Cmon Judd, the guy just pots everything!!

josh.e
1st May 2011, 10:19 PM
Judd wins the final two frames of the session and is 10-7 ahead. Squeaky bum time though now. Will the pressure be too much for him?

F4tboy
1st May 2011, 10:58 PM
Commentators keep saying Higgins has only played his C game but is still hanging on and winning frames.

I dont think we have seen the best of Trump yet either to be honest, he has also been winning frames not playing his A game.

Should be interesting tomorrow.

dreambhoy
2nd May 2011, 01:19 PM
Judd wins the final two frames of the session and is 10-7 ahead. Squeaky bum time though now. Will the pressure be too much for him?

yes!....(well i hope so lol)

Martin71109
2nd May 2011, 01:40 PM

i think and hope not, should and could be a good day today for snooker

Stran
2nd May 2011, 08:04 PM
14 - 14 getting exciting !

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 08:16 PM
How much bad luck is Trump getting in this match? Keep your head son, c'mon Judd!!

Stran
2nd May 2011, 08:24 PM
yeah thats 2 frames he should of won really :(

hope he gets it back !

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 08:25 PM
I'm amazed he hasn't let his head drop yet, if he keeps playing his game he's well in with a chance.

Stran
2nd May 2011, 08:37 PM
hes nice and young with no reason to drop his head he has no fear :D which is the best way for him to be some of the shots/pots he pulls off are truly amazing

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 08:48 PM
Very true, the natural potting talent is at times unreal!

Stran
2nd May 2011, 08:55 PM
its the pure cue power hes got as well that does me !

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 09:04 PM
I think this might be just to much now.....

Hazza
2nd May 2011, 09:06 PM
Very tight match but Higgins may just have the edge now

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 09:08 PM
I think that's it now tbh, as much as I dont want it to be!!! :(

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 09:11 PM
Is it just me, or are they having the cue ball cleaned more often than usual in this final?

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 09:17 PM
I think that's it now tbh, as much as I dont want it to be!!! :(

Maybe not.... What a clearance!!

Stran
16 - 15 come on trump!

Hazza
Great frame, hope Judd can pull it off.

TROUBLEAGAIN
Looks like snookers back whatevers happens//

Stran
2nd May 2011, 09:24 PM

the magical mr hearn :D

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 09:25 PM

Definitely, I haven't enjoyed a tournament this much for many, many years!!

Stran
2nd May 2011, 09:25 PM
bad miss there by trump !

Stran
2nd May 2011, 09:33 PM
now a miss by higgins !

Stran
2nd May 2011, 09:34 PM
ffs trump ! misses the swerve shot

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 09:35 PM
Pivotal frame this

Stran
2nd May 2011, 09:37 PM
it sure is hope he gets the snooker here !

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 09:40 PM
This time I think it too much!

Stran
2nd May 2011, 09:41 PM
yeah doubt he ll come back now :(

Hazza
2nd May 2011, 09:45 PM
A cagey cagey battle now

Hazza
2nd May 2011, 09:52 PM
I don't believe he just missed that pink

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 09:53 PM
That could be his last shot!

Hazza
2nd May 2011, 09:54 PM
These reds are tough and Higgins needs them all though.

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 09:54 PM
These reds are tough and Higgins needs them all though.

He did it last frame, that's my main concern....

Hazza
2nd May 2011, 09:56 PM
He's left it on now

Stran
2nd May 2011, 09:57 PM
wow and higgins going for that shot

come on trump !

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 09:57 PM
Dd he really play that cut? So unlike higgins, he thinks he's Judd!! Cmon Judd!!!

Hazza
2nd May 2011, 09:59 PM
Unbelievable for him really

Stran
2nd May 2011, 10:00 PM
yea higgins went for glory there could come to bite him in the ass

Hazza
2nd May 2011, 10:01 PM
Bloody hell this is a bit keen

Hazza
2nd May 2011, 10:02 PM
That is a quality plan, that could be the winning of it right there

Stran
2nd May 2011, 10:02 PM
wow what a snooker !

Hazza
2nd May 2011, 10:03 PM
Wow, that is all

Stran
2nd May 2011, 10:03 PM
what a double !

congrats to higgins !

new world champion well done

4 x world champion !!

Dartist
2nd May 2011, 10:04 PM
So much for cheats never prosper!

josh.e
Well done fixer *cough* John Higgins.

Hazza
Great final, Judd has a great future ahead of him with play like that.

lovejoy
2nd May 2011, 10:05 PM
Fair play to John, one of the best finals I've seen in a long time! Well played both lads!

Stran
2nd May 2011, 10:05 PM
yeah was really good final !

Stran
2nd May 2011, 10:07 PM
John gracious in victory there

Hazza
2nd May 2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah nice comments from both of them, you could really see what it means to Higgins.

dreambhoy
2nd May 2011, 10:20 PM
Well I told everyone of youz he was gonna do it, made me a nice few quid aswell. His old boy will be so prpud up there. Well done Mr Higgins, hopefully a parade at parkhead on the last day of the season along with the League Flag for the hoops ;)

Stran
2nd May 2011, 10:48 PM
what price was he beggining of tourney ?

Clarkey3262
2nd May 2011, 11:33 PM
Have to say I really enjoyed the entire tournament and the final. Well played by Higgins, has had a tough year with losing his dad and all. Next question is can he maintain his winning form and can he break the crucible curse?

F4tboy
2nd May 2011, 11:54 PM
So much for cheats never prosper!

:iagree:

dreambhoy
3rd May 2011, 12:51 PM
what price was he beggining of tourney ?

I got him at 4/1 on bet365 and then again at 5/2 when he was getting beat off Williams in the semis. Knew he would win it as he is in a league of his own. No other player on the tour has the dig and determination he has. Great player

BanannaMan
3rd May 2011, 01:01 PM
wont be scottish by any chance.........lol

hang the dj
3rd May 2011, 01:05 PM
Well done to John Higgins

One of the all time greats

Stran
3rd May 2011, 04:49 PM
wont be scottish by any chance.........lol

im scottish and i prayed he would get pumped !

viking
3rd May 2011, 05:38 PM
I got him at 4/1 on bet365 and then again at 5/2 when he was getting beat off Williams in the semis. Knew he would win it as he is in a league of his own. No other player on the tour has the dig and determination he has. Great player

Trump had his on the ropes, if he would have potted that blue in the afternoon session he would have buried Higgins you could see by some of the shots Higgins took on that Trump had got into his head.

dreambhoy
3rd May 2011, 05:45 PM
Trump had his on the ropes, if he would have potted that blue in the afternoon session he would have buried Higgins you could see by some of the shots Higgins took on that Trump had got into his head.

The word on the street was that Higgins has bet a few quid on Trump to be winning up until the last few sessions, then he would start trying ;)

lovejoy
3rd May 2011, 05:56 PM
The word on the street was that Higgins has bet a few quid on Trump to be winning up until the last few sessions, then he would start trying ;)

Lmao! Wouldn't be surprised!! :D