PDA

View Full Version : its a Fustrating game darts!

Giraffe
12th December 2010, 11:10 AM
In my Fiday night league this week I took 24 darts ( yes 24) to try and finish from 57, I couldnt hit a thing, my opponent was 250 behind and kept plugging away with his 22's and 45's, when he got down to a double Bang first time straight in tops. I shook his hand and said well played.

Last night I was playing Busman_Bullsey we had 7 legs which I won all 7 and not one leg went over 24 darts and I was finishing first dart,

Isnt it FUSTRATING how you can play totally different on 2 different nights?

anyone else got similar stories?

viking
12th December 2010, 11:22 AM
In my Fiday night league this week I took 24 darts ( yes 24) to try and finish from 57, I couldnt hit a thing, my opponent was 250 behind and kept plugging away with his 22's and 45's, when he got down to a double Bang first time straight in tops. I shook his hand and said well played.

Last night I was playing Busman_Bullsey we had 7 legs which I won all 7 and not one leg went over 24 darts and I was finishing first dart,

Isnt it FUSTRATING how you can play totally different on 2 different nights?

anyone else got similar stories?

Yea I had a similar experience is 2 legs in the league last monday night, My opponent left me for dead in the first leg and was on a finish after about 14 darts he then missed 12 at the double and I snook in with a 74 3 dart out, the very next leg the roles reversed and i was storming the leg had 4 on the card in the leg (81 and over) got under 70 and couldn't hit anything my opponent did what i did and stole the leg. It was ok though because i took the 3rd leg for a 2-1 win :D

Its a funny game where millimetres can be the difference from a good night and an aweful night.

Hazza
12th December 2010, 12:20 PM
I can play completely differently in the same day, it's a chuffing nightmare sometimes

Andio
12th December 2010, 12:42 PM
I can play completely differently in the same day, it's a chuffing nightmare sometimes

My & you both mate, it's rather weird!

wasp
12th December 2010, 12:51 PM
doubles are my downfall and it plays on my mind so much when i am down to a double.

Bigshow
12th December 2010, 01:46 PM
I was playing Double in last night and was on D10 ( after 18 darts ), when my opponent finally got off the mark, i then hit single 15 with my third dart..... I lost that game because i failed to hit a single 1 in order to give myself a shot at the double, everything was drifting into 20`s or 18`s :mad: Whats worse is my opponent never scored more than 60 in that leg.

Wheres the justice in that, to be on D10 after 18 darts on double in is impressive, but to be unable to hit a single 1 is to say the least frustrating..... but hey...thats darts for ya.

RNLarry
12th December 2010, 03:13 PM
Been on both ends mates, I know the feeling and feel your pain.

the lipstick assasin
12th December 2010, 03:26 PM
ive done it a few times where im on a double after 15 darts and cant hit nothing.then usually my oppo hits big scores and the hits the double first dart

F4tboy
12th December 2010, 03:46 PM
Had that happen to me recently alot.

In the 1st leg I scored well but missed my doubles, my opponent plodded along and hit his double. (1-0 down)

In the 2nd leg I left him 200 behind missed a 108 out on D16, he then pulled a large finish out of god knows where. (2 -0 down)

In the 3rd leg I had lost it and could not hit a thing. (Lost 3 -0)

Shook my head at the lack of any justice in the game, exchanged hand shakes and sought comfort from my beer.

It happens, but what goes around comes around.

varney
12th December 2010, 11:27 PM
had it happen friday night 1 up against best player in their team
leg 2 on d16 other player on 208ish ended up 2-1 could'nt hit any doubles for love nor money :mad: