PDA

View Full Version : Last nights boxing

Brett
12th December 2010, 12:17 PM
So what did everybody think to last nights boxing.

Going to watch Kahns match sometime today but from what I was told by friends it was one of the best fights they have seen. I carnt stand Kahn and I loved it when Prescott knocked him out but he has shown a lot of bottle in the last few fights.

Caught the last 2 rounds of the De Gale fight and while I didnt see the rounds before I thought (as usuall) the referee stopped the fight way too early.

JEDI
12th December 2010, 01:14 PM
Im not a Khan fan but fair play to him, he got caught with some big bombs and i would say training with the pacman has definately helped him, Mandiana is a Banger and Khan took some big shots in the 10th and 11th but overcome them and more to the point kept banging back it was a very very good fight, easily Khan's best to date, he earnt alot of respect in the boxing world with that performance last night.

Brett
12th December 2010, 01:50 PM
I bet he did if he did go toe to toe with Manadiana because that guy can be brutal. Freddie Roach has to take a lot of the praise though as he has turned Kahn round from somebody who got mixed reviews at best to somebody being eyed up to take down Mayweather, and the guy has Parkinsons aswell.

Bigshow
12th December 2010, 02:22 PM
I bet he did if he did go toe to toe with Manadiana because that guy can be brutal. Freddie Roach has to take a lot of the praise though as he has turned Kahn round from somebody who got mixed reviews at best to somebody being eyed up to take down Mayweather, and the guy has Parkinsons aswell.

Freddie Roach is the man, he started training ufc fighters last year, and sure enough, the 2 guys he trains are now title holders. Everywhere Freddie goes, success seems to follow....its no coincidence.

viking
12th December 2010, 02:43 PM
Im not a Khan fan but fair play to him, he got caught with some big bombs and i would say training with the pacman has definately helped him, Mandiana is a Banger and Khan took some big shots in the 10th and 11th but overcome them and more to the point kept banging back it was a very very good fight, easily Khan's best to date, he earnt alot of respect in the boxing world with that performance last night.

He needed a fight like that I think, I've always said that his jaw is the weak point of Khan he's never seemed able to take punches on the chin but something has changed and he now seems an all round fighter who can knock people out in the 1st and scrap when its needed, fair play to him.

Steve Metalman
12th December 2010, 07:13 PM
I like Khan, but I'm no expert.

I like to watch and thats as far as it goes.
Haye was brill but thats another topic.

Brett
12th December 2010, 09:38 PM
Freddie Roach is the man, he started training ufc fighters last year, and sure enough, the 2 guys he trains are now title holders. Everywhere Freddie goes, success seems to follow....its no coincidence.

I noticed hes training MMA lads and his CV has some of the best fighters in the world on it.

sigmapro501
13th December 2010, 02:47 AM
ok lads, im taking nothing away from khan here but hes what i think, from rounds 1-7 khan bossed the fight which i think won it for him, as soon as he started getting banged he was like a little boy running around the ring but obviously the other dude has amazing power so fair play to him for taking it and seeing the fight out, i demand a rematch and want punch for punch from the first bell hahaha, im more of a haye fan than khan but hes British so all hail king khan

Steve Metalman
13th December 2010, 03:28 AM
I've just seen the match highlights on the news, That was one hell of a smack Khan got.
Very nearly took him out

Stran
13th December 2010, 04:22 PM
Caught the last 2 rounds of the De Gale fight and while I didnt see the rounds before I thought (as usuall) the referee stopped the fight way too early.

i watched all the de gale fight , and before the match i wasnt a de gale supporter in the slightest but he was pure class all the way through the fight hes definatley a superstar of the future. And i think the refree got it spot on when he stopped it smith was getting pummelled with no sign of fighting back although he probs would of been able to continue for another minute before getting knocked into next week.

Although De Gale done well i dont like the way he snap punches if you watched it you ll know what i mean hes going to end up snapping his wrist if he keeps doing that.

i feel asleep before the khan fight started unfortunatly bit too many beers but watched 6 figths on sat night was good crack :)

William Tell
15th December 2010, 10:47 AM
I had to laugh when I heard Khan saying he'll soon be ready for Mayweather!