PDA

View Full Version : Anything like this ever happened to you?

lovejoy
13th December 2010, 07:06 PM
Playing at my mates last night, I was on double 8 for the match. My first dart hit the bottom corner of the double and fell out, my second dart hit the bottom corner of the double and fell out, BALLS I exclaimed and looked at the ceiling for help. I gathered myself, threw my third dart, guess what happened! Yes it hit the same corner and fell out! He then steps up and hits, yes you guessed it, double 8 first dart and takes the match! Pleased I was not :mad:
I promptly blamed my darts, points, his board, anything! But after thinking about it and playing a little warm down doubles game we always play, I think it was just one of those things! I hit that same place while warming down a few times and they all stuck fine! Still pretty irritating! :mad:

F4tboy
13th December 2010, 07:27 PM
I have had it happen with T20.

I had about 4 bounce outs in my first 6 darts.

My mate was rolling around laughing that I had lost 240 points on the floor, the chalker was also creasing up.

My mate went on to take that leg unsurprisingly.

Its funny now looking back on it, at the time I was ready to launch the board through the pub window.

Steve Metalman
13th December 2010, 07:42 PM
Playing at my mates last night, I was on double 8 for the match. My first dart hit the bottom corner of the double and fell out, my second dart hit the bottom corner of the double and fell out, BALLS I exclaimed and looked at the ceiling for help. I gathered myself, threw my third dart, guess what happened! Yes it hit the same corner and fell out! He then steps up and hits, yes you guessed it, double 8 first dart and takes the match! Pleased I was not :mad:

I promptly blamed my darts, points, his board, anything! But after thinking about it and playing a little warm down doubles game we always play, I think it was just one of those things! I hit that same place while warming down a few times and they all stuck fine! Still pretty irritating! :mad:

At least you were consistent!!
What type of board was it?

Steve Metalman
13th December 2010, 07:50 PM
Actually, that rings a bell, but I can't remember where or when it happened.

I was on a double, first one bounced out, (bad throw), the second bounced off the wire, Third one went in.
Which would have been alright, until I found out I was going for the wrong double!!

lovejoy
13th December 2010, 07:52 PM
Actually, that rings a bell, but I can't remember where or when it happened.

I was on a double, first one bounced out, (bad throw), the second bounced off the wire, Third one went in.
Which would have been alright, until I found out I was going for the wrong double!!

Lol!
It's an Advantage II btw Steve, same as what ive got. Tbh it's never happened on mine, but he says never before on his either! Just one of those things I guess....

varney
13th December 2010, 11:26 PM
I think your first three darts were markers ;) your next throw would off gone strait in...lol

the lipstick assasin
13th December 2010, 11:32 PM
lol 1 of my mates had 6 bouncers off the dbl16 during a important game he wasnt happy lol

lovejoy
14th December 2010, 05:24 PM
I think your first three darts were markers ;) your next throw would off gone strait in...lol

Lol ;):)

Buzz180
14th December 2010, 05:45 PM
I remember reading that Bristow, and I think it was Bobby George, did this in consecutive throws.