PDA

View Full Version : Practicing after loss of concentration is detrimental?

RNLarry
14th December 2010, 10:21 PM
Yes indeedy, my concentration is about an hour of steady throwing . After that forget it. I must take a break of at least an hour and then continue. From my pro friend he says it varies from person to person and what is interesting is that you can actually hurt your game if you don't stop after losing concentration cause you can develope bad technigue and your mental game will suffer . How about you? me 1hr then a break. Now this is practicing alone not with anyone:p

Steve Metalman
14th December 2010, 10:26 PM
The advice I got was only to concentrate when at the Oche ( Toe line to others).
When off the Oche there isn't a need to strain your brain.
Keep it for when you are actually throwing.

Good question Larry!!

Hazza
14th December 2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah I'm not sure how long I go before losing concentration. I should probably pay more attention as I start to get frustrated, especially lately.

Term`
15th December 2010, 01:19 PM
I think loosing concentration is only really a problem when you are going for the same target over and over, i.e. just throwing for 20,
Mixing up the practice routine generally means I can sustain my concentration, otherwise I suffer and I start to not concentrate fully etc.

busman
15th December 2010, 04:05 PM
If I practice alone my concentration lasts about 30 - 45 minutes, then I take a break. Yet if I practice with the longnecked 1 I can play for a few hours before we take a break.

nnj
15th December 2010, 04:28 PM
rarely will i throw continuously for more than 30mins...not because of concentration but because you cant smoke in bars :(

probly helps but thats the facts :p

ruben
15th December 2010, 04:34 PM
I do not smoke, but most people who play with me for a while and then going to smoke, almost always comes back and plays better and i don't like it :c

Giraffe
15th December 2010, 05:49 PM
If I practice alone my concentration lasts about 30 - 45 minutes, then I take a break. Yet if I practice with the longnecked 1 I can play for a few hours before we take a break.

^^^^^^^^ Cough Cough, you cant go 10 legs without stopping for a smoke!

nnj
15th December 2010, 07:29 PM
my excuse is i play mostly teams, so its a "community smoke break" :)

clwyd_darts13
16th December 2010, 09:25 PM
Make sure you are actually practising something worthwhile.
It should avoid the situation arising.