PDA

View Full Version : 121 Outshot

clwyd_darts13
16th December 2010, 10:57 PM
Anyone else treat this outshot logically?
Recently i have had a lot of criticism when i have missed and gone last dart at bull.

So I step up miss the treble twenty, go for treble 17 to leave bull then miss that. No-one else I know throws the percentage dart.

Logically if I have missed 2 trebles already should I go for Treble 20 again to leave double 12?
I always opt to throw for 25/bull. This may seem strange but it really is the sensible way.
If i go back up and miss the treble twenty it leaves me 64 . Whilst there are multiple ways of checking it out and it is a nice number when compared to others it still means that you need to hit a treble. Most people settle for 16,16 then double it (aiming for treble 16 in the process)
My method leaves 59 at worst (assuming the 25/bull is hit) this always gives me 2 darts in hand at a double after hitting 19 from the 59. if i miss the 25/bull then no loss I would already be leaving 64 with a treble needed so it balances out.

Team mates and opponents always seem non-plussed when i do it which i find strange.
Anyone else got any experience of similar stuff they do?

Bigshow
17th December 2010, 01:28 AM
I understand where your coming from but i don`t go that way myself, i feel i`m more efficient on 20`s and if i miss the treble to leave 64 then i would still be confident of having 2 darts at the double as i love 16`s. I`m set in my ways and wont change but its all down to how an individual feels i suppose.

Craig-
17th December 2010, 01:42 AM
Agree with the post above, You could hit the T20 and leave yourself D12, if not you got a 2 dart outshot.

Your way, lets say you hit the bull, your left with D17 which isnt really a good double. All about opinion i suppose.

Steve Metalman
17th December 2010, 02:27 AM
Theres orthodox and unorthodox ways of finishing.
At the end of the day if you find a way that helps you finish...well its a finish.

I've seen people who don't bother with finishes in the traditional sense, maybe because their maths isn't too good or just don't know the checkouts and just plonked away at the twentys until on a double and go on to win.

As long as you are happy with how you achieve the desired
out come, it doesn't matter what the other guy thinks

DoubleOut
17th December 2010, 03:21 AM
This raises the question for me of how you might alter your thinking depending on if you are playing singles or doubles?

Steve Metalman
17th December 2010, 04:02 AM
This thread might be of interest!!
Click me- Finishes explained (http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?103-Checkout-101-(-Finishes-170-15-Explained))

Professional player Barry French also said this

121 - T20 T15 D8 T20 T11 D14
This is a bread and butter shot for most professional players. You see it taken out a lot, mainly on the bull, But with no pressure, there is no need to go for T11 D14, as the D14 breakdown is awkward.

nnj
17th December 2010, 04:09 AM
on a 121 out I will shoot T17 first, S20, then bull. If you only hit a single 17 you have 104, from thers it's T18, bull....accidendtally hit a T20, got a D5 out...i almost always try and leave a bull out from an odd 100 plus score. It's just the way I shoot. I'm comfortable with bulls

Reebok_Rebel
17th December 2010, 09:40 PM
I've seen people who don't bother with finishes in the traditional sense, maybe because their maths isn't too good or just don't know the checkouts and just plonked away at the twentys until on a double and go on to win.

haha! i do this and its worked for me quite a lot, i think the reason i do is is actually because i feel comfortable on 20s and my maths is not superb...also not been playing darts for long so still learning the ropes so to speak.

Steve Metalman
17th December 2010, 10:00 PM
haha! i do this and its worked for me quite a lot, i think the reason i do is is actually because i feel comfortable on 20s and my maths is not superb...also not been playing darts for long so still learning the ropes so to speak.
Hi rebel.
Its true, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just an alternative way of finishing, I do it myself sometimes.

Welcome to the the forum.
You might find it helpful clicking 'reply with quote' at the bottom right next to 'reply', It will give you a quote box like this one above.
Should you want to use the Quote feature.

After you click the reply box opens
You will see the text [Quote/]- Add your post from there, regards Steve
Click advanced for smileys and other features.

Reebok_Rebel
17th December 2010, 10:03 PM
cheers mate, il bear that in mind...trying to work out how to add an avatar and a tag to the bottom of my posts now! lol.

lovejoy
17th December 2010, 10:06 PM
cheers mate, il bear that in mind...trying to work out how to add an avatar and a tag to the bottom of my posts now! lol.

Settings on your profile mate, avatar and signature options are on there
Click on settings at the top right of the screen, the options are then all down the left.

F4tboy
17th December 2010, 10:15 PM
This is probably not the most sensible way to go but I like it:-

T20, 25, D18. or if need be S20, T17, Bull.

I like Barrys idea of T15, D8 for 61 left though, might play around with this abit in practise.