PDA

View Full Version : Any Arsenal fans out there.

TROUBLEAGAIN
28th August 2011, 06:37 PM
Your team took one hell of a beating today.

mc1958
28th August 2011, 06:42 PM
Today's two results = Manchester 13 North London 3. Don't know what's going on but if the Spuds and the Goons aren't careful they'll be lucky to get in the Europa League spot, let alone the top4!! For a change I'm glad I support the Hammers - even though we are only in the Championship.

BanannaMan
28th August 2011, 06:42 PM
no im a spurs fan thank god....ooops 1-5 ..lol both teams need a new back 4 3 days left in transfer window and wont surprise me arry /wenger dont buy anyone.......

mc1958
28th August 2011, 06:44 PM
no im a spurs fan thank god....ooops 1-5 ..lol both teams need a new back 4 3 days left in transfer window and wont surprise me arry /wenger dont buy anyone.......

Scotty Parker will be with you in the next day or two - but as you say, both teams need to sort out the back 4's. It's all well and good having a decent back 4, but as the Goons showed today, if they can't play then you also need a decent back up set. Don't know about your game as I was watching the Hammers

muncherdave
28th August 2011, 06:51 PM
Park Chu Young will be arriving, but I think a striker is the least of Arsenals worries

Martin71109
28th August 2011, 09:27 PM
have to admit i do have a soft spot for them :smileodf:
somethings needs sorting asap, new players for confidence reasons

Steve Metalman
28th August 2011, 09:34 PM
They'll have trouble buying people between now and Wednesday....
Who's ever heard of rats 'joining' a sinking ship :biggrinodf:

JEDI
28th August 2011, 09:37 PM
6m bid for Gary Cahill............................Arsenal are dreaming if they think they are goooner attract anyone with them kind of bids, when people know what they got paid for Nasri and Fabregas........................ that was an insult.........

Martin71109
28th August 2011, 09:39 PM
agree, they will struggle to buy players in with low offers
any footie fan can see they need to spend big otherwise the season is over before it really begins

Steve Metalman
28th August 2011, 09:44 PM
There's no defence for having no defence :biggrinodf:

Martin71109
28th August 2011, 09:51 PM
not just defence, midfield is lacking leadership and quality

Steve Metalman
28th August 2011, 09:56 PM
Like I'm worried about Arsenal, I support Villa, we have our own problems :rolleyesodf:

TROUBLEAGAIN
28th August 2011, 09:57 PM
Like I'm worried about Arsenal, I support Villa, we have our own problems :rolleyesodf:

Lord Heskey will keep you going..

Martin71109
28th August 2011, 10:02 PM

more points than the gunners atm :eekodf:

TROUBLEAGAIN
28th August 2011, 10:09 PM
more points than the gunners atm :eekodf:

And Spurs combined.

Steve Metalman
28th August 2011, 10:09 PM
Looking at the table, I'd say thats how the top 4 is going to stay for the next 35 games and a giant relegation battle for everyone else :biggrinodf:

TROUBLEAGAIN
28th August 2011, 10:12 PM
Looking at the table, I'd say thats how the top 4 is going to stay for the next 35 games and a giant relegation battle for everyone else :biggrinodf:

Thats how i see it as well. Really excited for Liverpool and the way they are playing its been a long time. Both Manchester teams look likely to break records this year.

Martin71109
28th August 2011, 10:14 PM
And Spurs combined.

lol, nice one :biggrinodf:

mc1958
29th August 2011, 05:35 AM
They'll have trouble buying people between now and Wednesday....
Who's ever heard of rats 'joining' a sinking ship :biggrinodf:

They will come good as they always do - and don't forget they can still offer Champions League football

6m bid for Gary Cahill............................Arsenal are dreaming if they think they are goooner attract anyone with them kind of bids, when people know what they got paid for Nasri and Fabregas........................ that was an insult.........

Completely agree - should be at least double that

not just defence, midfield is lacking leadership and quality

They need to try and nab Scotty from under Spurs noses and get in a couple of other players like Jagielka and Arteta from the Toffees, and maybe even Kaka from Madrid

Agree on the top 4 - but I still think our clubs will struggle when they have to come up against Barca and Madrid in the Champions League

muncherdave
29th August 2011, 07:54 AM
They'd never pay Kaka's wages

Bigshow
29th August 2011, 02:27 PM
I`d 8-2 be an Arsenal fan today lol

Steve Metalman
29th August 2011, 03:08 PM
I`d 8-2 be an Arsenal fan today lol
:goodone: :pieface:

Martin71109
30th August 2011, 10:44 AM
seems like they are trying to sign players before tomorrow, long over due imo

Steve Metalman
30th August 2011, 11:57 AM
1 striker and 1 midfielder.

I dont envy their goalie :rolleyesodf:

Martin71109
30th August 2011, 12:20 PM
papers and speculation are suggesting 4-5 new players being mentioned
however, none signed atm so wont be holding my breath :frownodf:

Steve Metalman
30th August 2011, 12:23 PM
Wenger said the other night he was looking at 2 players, but who wants to join arsenal atm

sobermonkey
30th August 2011, 12:55 PM
Well personally I'm a fan of Arsenal and I feel humiliated by the Sunday beating. People say the side was depleted by injuries and suspensions but even if that is true I was expecting something less embarrassing. Midfielder is a must and probably a SOLID defender.

Steve Metalman
30th August 2011, 01:17 PM
I thought it was a decent gesture to offer an away ticket for the fans
Any preference to which away match you'd go and see, probably not Man City lol

Mind you, theres no guarantee where you'd win is there lol

mc1958
30th August 2011, 01:37 PM
I thought it was a decent gesture to offer an away ticket for the fans
Any preference to which away match you'd go and see, probably not Man City lol

Mind you, theres no guarantee where you'd win is there lol

Are they paying for travel as well? If so then my suggestion would be the Sunderland game - that's got to be the furthest now you've played Newcastle lol.

mc1958
30th August 2011, 01:42 PM
As far as transfers go it looks like Wenger wants some of the Russian Blues - Alex, Malouda and Benayoun (all would be good in my opinion), a Brazilian defender called Santos that I've never heard of, and also Per Mertesacker, the Werder Bremen captain. If he could pick up at least 3 of these including Alex and Mertesacker then that would be a big improvement on what is currently available.

Martin71109
30th August 2011, 03:37 PM
As far as transfers go it looks like Wenger wants some of the Russian Blues - Alex, Malouda and Benayoun (all would be good in my opinion), a Brazilian defender called Santos that I've never heard of, and also Per Mertesacker, the Werder Bremen captain. If he could pick up at least 3 of these including Alex and Mertesacker then that would be a big improvement on what is currently available.

agree

#26- steve, i think lots of players would still be interested in arsenal; in champions league group stage and only 3 games of the season gone

mc1958
30th August 2011, 03:44 PM
Mertesacker looks like he is on his way to London for a medical - so looking very likely he will be signed today or tomorrow. He has apparently been given the ok to travel even though he is on international duty.

Martin71109
30th August 2011, 03:59 PM
Mertesacker looks like he is on his way to London for a medical - so looking very likely he will be signed today or tomorrow. He has apparently been given the ok to travel even though he is on international duty.

he is a big fella at 6ft 6 or 7, they also need a big strong centre midfield player and a creative player

muncherdave
31st August 2011, 03:26 AM
Davide Santon signs for Newcastle for around 5m, kinda surprised Arsenal didn't take him up tbh, can play both full back positions and fits their usual bill of young with great potential

Steve Metalman
31st August 2011, 02:05 PM
Martin71109 closet Arsenal fan :biggrinodf:

Looks like you were right, they are trying to splash the cash today
Looks like Wengers going for loads of players...

Maybe he's getting 22 :cheekyodf:

Martin71109
31st August 2011, 09:56 PM
nah he has not got 22 in today, only 2-3 i think
i like arsenal, like watching them play and wish they would buy a midfield player (arteta from everton)

TROUBLEAGAIN
31st August 2011, 09:58 PM
nah he has not got 22 in today, only 2-3 i think
i like arsenal, like watching them play and wish they would buy a midfield player (arteta from everton)

Might be happening.

Bigshow
31st August 2011, 09:59 PM
Davide Santon signs for Newcastle for around 5m, kinda surprised Arsenal didn't take him up tbh, can play both full back positions and fits their usual bill of young with great potential

Apparently Santon turned down several offers from top european clubs. I agree with you though, he could have shined under Wenger.

Steve Metalman
31st August 2011, 10:00 PM
Crouch has gone to Stoke
I like Crouch

Martin71109
31st August 2011, 10:21 PM
Might be happening.

fingers crossed

similar mold to fabregas

mc1958
1st September 2011, 05:40 AM
Mertesacker, Santos, Arteta and Benayoun - not a bad day's work from Wenger there.

Stoke did well as well with Crouch, Palacios and Jerome.

Can't really understand why Man City signed Hargreaves with all the other players they have.

The ones I can't believe though are Spurs - they may have got a few names off their list but I thought they would sign another 2 or 3 players on top of Scotty Parker from us. Bagpuss must be gutted after wasting all that effort trying to get Cahill in from Bolton.

As for my lot - it's a shame that Scotty has gone but that was inevitable and hopefully he won't just be used as a bench warmer at WHL. Pleased with the loan signings of Lansbury and Bentley - don't know anything about Guy Demel who signed a permanent deal though.

muncherdave
1st September 2011, 09:56 AM
Guy Demel is a bit of a powerhouse right back / anchor man, very physical and works hard, I think he'll do a pretty good job for you. If it wasn't for the likes of Eboue / Yaya Toure he'd have a lot more caps for the Ivory Coast.

mc1958
1st September 2011, 10:00 AM
Cheers for the info on Demel - he sounds like he will help our cause quite a bit. Iain Dowie was singing his praises on Sky Sports News last night, but I take what he says with a pinch of salt lol.

Martin71109
1st September 2011, 10:24 AM
you didnt sell carlton cole, noble and green either :D