PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona vs osasuna

Stran
17th September 2011, 08:50 PM
8 - 0 so far

what a drumming !

mc1958
17th September 2011, 09:04 PM
That was more an exhibition match than a league match - they had over 80% of possession for the whole game as well

muncherdave
17th September 2011, 09:40 PM
Shows to me why the English Premiership is the best league in the world, ahead of La Liga. Sure Barca are another class, but there's such a huge gap between half the teams in La Liga and the big 2

Freethepain
17th September 2011, 09:47 PM
Shows to me why the English Premiership is the best league in the world, ahead of La Liga. Sure Barca are another class, but there's such a huge gap between half the teams in La Liga and the big 2

Is that why Man U got thought a lesson by Barcelona? There are loads of leagues where the top 2 dominate which includes the EPL. Maybe one of the most watched but not the best imho.

mc1958
18th September 2011, 06:58 AM
Is that why Man U got thought a lesson by Barcelona? There are loads of leagues where the top 2 dominate which includes the EPL. Maybe one of the most watched but not the best imho.

I agree:

England - Man Utd and Chelsea (with Man City now trying to buy their way in)
Spain - Barca and Madrid
Italy - the 2 Milans
Portugal - Porto and Benfica
Scotland - Celtic and Rangers

Yes there are other teams that can get close for a season but these lot maintain it year after year in their respective leagues. Personally, for the pure skill factor I prefer to watch Spanish football over English (unless it's West Ham playing of course lol).

muncherdave
18th September 2011, 10:21 AM
I'm not denying there are loads of leagues where a top 2 or 3 dominate, but I feel the gap with the top 2 in Spain is so great that it has a negative effect when you look at which league is the best in the world. 5 to 8 nil drubbings seem more common in Spain than anywhere and to me there always seems to be some absolutely appauling defending in the middle of that. Man Utd getting beat by Barca twice in the Champions League final of late has no bearing on it for me, all it says is Barcelona are the best team in Europe (and you'd have to say the world), which I don't think anyone would deny.