PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Tipster

Steve Metalman
19th October 2011, 03:39 PM
Register with DartsMad to ensure you are kept up to date with the latest Tipster news

DartsMads resident Tipster makes his predictions at the start of the tournament and the aim is simply to beat his total score.
All those who Beat The Tipster go into a random draw for the prizes.

Read More...
http://www.dartsmad.com/tipster/tipster_competitions.aspx

mc1958
19th October 2011, 10:43 PM
I entered the last one for the Grand Prix and did a lot better than I thought I would - defintely going to enter a few more of their beat the tipster games

DartsMad.com
23rd October 2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks gents, there will of course be a Tipster comp for the Grand Slam of Darts next month. Thanks to Bulls and Dartscorner we will have even more great prizes for winners. Our Tipster let 62 entrants beat him last time......we may have to retire him at this rate!

The winners (drawn by Chris Mason) for the WGP Tipster comp in descending order were:

John Abbott
Roger McCullough
Andrew Foster
Petri Rasmus

Maybe there is a forum member or two in that list?
Cheers

DartsMad.com
6th November 2011, 09:12 PM
GSOD 2011 Beat The Tipster Competition

Can you beat the Tipster? He makes his predictions and all you have to do is make sure your beat him. Simples. For the Grand Slam of Darts we look to our Fantasy League Darts format which lends itself to group stage and open draw tournaments. Assemble your squad of 6 players using 42 Million of fantasy sterling (42 being the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything). Enter using our unique online form (http://www.dartsmad.com/tipster/tipster_team_entry_form.aspx?CompCode=GSOD&CompYea r=2011&FirstName=&Surname=&Email=%22)where all the hard work is done for you including checking the maths!

Prize Breakdown

Bulls Darts (http://www.bullsdarts.com/en-gb/) in association with DartsCorner (http://www.dartscorner.co.uk) have again provided some excellent prizes for our regular Tipster competition as detailed below.

1st Prize = Bulls Pro Touch Scorer
(http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/Scoreboards/c489/p7802/Scoreboards---Dart-Scorer---Arachnid---Battery-or-Mains---%3Cb%3ELarge-Touchpad-Electronic-Scorer%3C/b%3E/product_info.html)
2nd Prize = Bulls Advantage Dart Board
(http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/Dartboards/c342/p4523/Dartboards---Bulls---Premium---%3Cb%3EAdvantage-II-%3C/b%3EDartboard/product_info.html)
3rd Prize = Bulls Dart Shirt
(http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/Dartboards/c342/p4523/Dartboards---Bulls---Premium---%3Cb%3EAdvantage-II-%3C/b%3EDartboard/product_info.html)
*Entries registered after 8pm on 12th November will not be counted.

For more details on this and future Beat The Tipster Competitions please see our main Tipster page (http://www.dartsmad.com/tipster/tipster_competitions.aspx).

mc1958
6th November 2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the notice DM - just entered my squad of reprobates lol

Goofy
6th November 2011, 10:09 PM
Entered! Dukla Pumpherston Sawmill and Tannery.......... thats the winning team right there! :D

Steve Metalman
7th November 2011, 10:46 PM
Dartsmad.com have very kindly offered a prize for the highest placed forum member on the 'Beat the tipster' GSOD Comp - Click link below

http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?4939-Grand-Slam-of-Darts-2011-Beat-The-Tipster-Competition

Remember guys!!

We need you to post your 'entry name' so we know who you have entered as to qualify for the forum prize offered by dartsmad.com
cheers :smileodf:

Steady Eddie
18th November 2011, 12:48 AM
I entered this but have no way of checking or dont no how to check how im getting on??????????

Steve Metalman
18th November 2011, 12:51 AM
Try this :smileodf:

http://www.dartsmad.com/tipster/tipster_entry_standings.aspx?CompCode=GSOD&CompYear=2011&CompType=OPEN

Steady Eddie
18th November 2011, 01:23 AM
Try this :smileodf:

http://www.dartsmad.com/tipster/tipster_entry_standings.aspx?CompCode=GSOD&CompYear=2011&CompType=OPEN

Doh Chizzy and Dolan let me down :0(

Paul D
18th November 2011, 08:19 AM
Bad night for me last night with Wade and Wayne Jones going out.. I've only got Mark Webster left now!

leigh d
18th November 2011, 03:03 PM
i have entered this but im abit unsure of a couple of things,
to win their main prizes do you have to pay
and would they they know im a forum member as my name is only down as
leigh on there,

anyone know anymore??thanks

JEDI
18th November 2011, 03:11 PM
i have entered this but im abit unsure of a couple of things,
to win their main prizes do you have to pay
and would they they know im a forum member as my name is only down as
leigh on there,

anyone know anymore??thanks

it is for this forum only mate, so if you have put your name in this thread on page 1 then you can win, you dont have to pay a penny!!

leigh d
18th November 2011, 04:14 PM
it is for this forum only mate, so if you have put your name in this thread on page 1 then you can win, you dont have to pay a penny!!

i enterd the team on time and that but didnt know i had to put my name in on here aswell,is it 2 late and if not how do i do it??

Steve Metalman
18th November 2011, 04:39 PM
I checked your name and have added it to the list.

Its up to dartsmad now

TROUBLEAGAIN
18th November 2011, 05:47 PM
Have we a table For the forum..

Steve Metalman
18th November 2011, 06:38 PM
Have we a table For the forum?..

Not one I've done
If members want to post their scores on the thread below I could add them against the members names on page one when its quiet
http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?4939-Grand-Slam-of-Darts-2011-Beat-The-Tipster-Competition

Steady Eddie
20th November 2011, 03:15 AM
I have entered a team from the link on the forum before the beginning but was also not aware i needed to put my name down here can anyone help???????

Steve Metalman
20th November 2011, 03:44 AM
I have entered a team from the link on the forum before the beginning but was also not aware i needed to put my name down here can anyone help???????

Throw me a bone steady!!
Name & team please

Steady Eddie
21st November 2011, 12:19 AM
Throw me a bone steady!!
Name & team please

David Edwards
Steadys Boys (I Think) lol

Steve Metalman
21st November 2011, 12:25 AM
You cut that one a bit fine
Its up to DartsMad now, but I'll add you to the list on the competition page

Watsontotty
21st November 2011, 06:34 PM
pretty sure i entered a team also

Steve Metalman
21st November 2011, 07:14 PM
pretty sure i entered a team also

Did you post a name and team or have I not seen it?

Watsontotty
21st November 2011, 08:19 PM
Did you post a name and team or have I not seen it?

will dig out the email i got back as i cant remember the team name lol

Watsontotty
21st November 2011, 08:33 PM
i cant find the email which i thought i got back ? watsontotty was possibly the team name but i cant be 100% sure is there a way i can search to find what i entered and how i got on, Taylor was in my team lol.

DartsMad.com
21st November 2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks for all the entries on this one gents, (and of course Bulls & DC for providing the main prizes) yes it was a completely FREE to enter comp :biggrinodf:

I can confirm the winners now, the random sequence generator offered up 2,1 & 12.

A quick look down the list reveals

1st Prize - Martin Galea (Monks 180)
2nd Prize - Andy Glen (Bovrilheid bulls)
3rd Prize - Troubleagain (troubleswoes)

The above get the prizes from Bulls Darts and Dartscorner.co.uk

And.....on top of that team Bovrilheid also gets the dartsforum.co.uk highest placed forum member choice of one item listed below from the DartsMad prize cupboard:
1) Signed John Lowe book 'The Art of Darts'
2) Set of Harrows darts - Assasin Plus 22g
3) Unicorn Dart Board Surround

All winners will be contacted within the next couple of days to arrange deliver of the prizes.

More info here http://www.dartsmad.com/darts-news/?p=5369

I hope you have enjoyed the competition, and enter our future ones. I should also give a special thanks to Steve Metalman for keeping track of all the DC entries (and fielding questions on our behalf), you did a great job there.

Cheers

Steve Metalman
21st November 2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks for everything DartsMad.com

In addition Bovrilheid wins a forum award for his sig :smileodf:

Dartsforum Award
:Tipsterwiinner01:

bovrilheid
21st November 2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for everything DartsMad.com

In addition Bovrilheid wins a forum award for his sig :smileodf:

Dartsforum Award
:Tipsterwiinner01:

This just gets better....thanks Steve.

TROUBLEAGAIN
22nd November 2011, 06:11 AM
Thanks for another great comp. Look forward to the next one.

DartsMad.com
4th December 2011, 08:53 PM
Good evening! It's silly season in the darting calendar, with 4 major tournaments in the space of a few weeks.

We will be running our regular Beat The Tipster competition in association with Bulls Darts and DartsCorner.co.uk, covering all these tournaments. In fact the Tipster has made his predictions for Lakeside, The Zuiderduin Masters and the PDC Players Championship already. So make haste over to the registration page (http://www.dartsmad.com/tipster/tipster_competitions.aspx) to be in with a chance of winning some great prizes.

We have a mix of our usual, match score predictions and a chance for you to assemble a Fantasy League Darts squad for the Zuiderduin Masters.

You can expect to win Dart Boards, Electronic Scorers, Dart Board Cabinets, Dart Board Stands, Dart Sets. Remember though, you have to be in it to win it! Registration for the Players Champs and Zuiderduin Master ends very soon...so don't delay.

bovrilheid
4th December 2011, 08:56 PM
I promise not to win this one......you understand I could if I wanted too.......just want to give other folk a chance!!!!!

I have no idea how to put smileys on....give me a hint someone!!

Steve Metalman
4th December 2011, 08:58 PM
cool, I loved the last one.
I'd encourage everyone to have a go, its great fun :thumbsup1:

Steve Metalman
4th December 2011, 09:00 PM
I promise not to win this one......you understand I could if I wanted too.......just want to give other folk a chance!!!!!

I have no idea how to put smileys on....give me a hint someone!!

Click on 'go advanced ' and click on a smiley or click on the [more]
to open the smiley menu

bovrilheid
4th December 2011, 09:13 PM
I understand...thanks steve:p:smileb:

mc1958
4th December 2011, 09:19 PM
Shame the Zuiderduin Masters isn't on the box but entered all three anyway - great fun and adds a bit more interest to the darts

bovrilheid
4th December 2011, 09:26 PM
Shame the Zuiderduin Masters isn't on the box but entered all three anyway - great fun and adds a bit more interest to the darts
Is the masters being streamed????

Steve Metalman
4th December 2011, 09:44 PM
Is the masters being streamed????
Very likely, but heres not the place to ask, keep it to pms please :smileodf:

Paul D
5th December 2011, 08:09 AM
I've just signed up for the Players Championship competition.. I like the way you can log your predictions all through the rounds - it keeps each match interesting (even Justin Pipe's!)..

leigh d
7th December 2011, 11:40 AM
just entered a team on dartsmad site for players championship,do you have to pay to win their prizes and is there another prize for highest forum member?

Steve Metalman
7th December 2011, 06:38 PM
Hi Leigh
No you do not have to pay to play beat the tipster.

We havent got plans for a highest forum member this time as there are 4 competitions on

But I would recommend giving this a go as theres more chances of winning something

Dave Dart
7th December 2011, 07:32 PM
Mine are in..........................................

Hazza
7th December 2011, 08:39 PM
Just done all 4 of mine

DartsMad.com
7th December 2011, 09:04 PM
Its all free folks don't worry! And please check out the quality of the prizes......

Not long left to register for PC and ZM, but the Worlds are registering for a while yet (obviously) and there you will find the big prizes:biggrinodf:

Good luck!

Cheers

Un_signed
7th December 2011, 09:28 PM
I love these competitions, good to try and test your darting knowledge. heres my final predicitions;

Lakeside: dean winstanley 7-5 martin adams
World champs: taylor 7-4 lewis
player champs: anderson 13-8 pipe

dont ask me how pipe ended up there. hes playing pretty good at tv, so just maybe.

others are not really a shock.

Jake

Nesquik
8th December 2011, 11:07 AM
LOL, have almost same prediction :D

Winstanley 7-5 Adams
Taylor 7-5 Lewis
Taylor win the player but who will be loser, I dont remember ;)

So Let's play dart and Game on! Darts holidays begin! :D

Steve Metalman
8th December 2011, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure how long you have left to enter the Players championship tipster comp
But I'm geussing it with close at 7pm tonight
So you better hurry up if you've been waiting until the last minute

Read More...

Steve Metalman
8th December 2011, 06:42 PM
That was interesting lol
I've got Taylor V Beaton for the final :biggrinodf:

Read More...or enter

Dave Dart
8th December 2011, 06:49 PM
So did I! I think you have some kind of spooky influence on me Steve, the other day you had same score as me for first 3 darts too!

What 3...........................lol

Steve Metalman
8th December 2011, 06:51 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8GCLyT2N_6n4bR9jWe6FwDM1uQnH1c k81C4nfDCyxnQ0JvjDR_A

Steve Metalman
11th December 2011, 12:28 AM
Fail...
I'm 3rd from the bottom

bovrilheid
11th December 2011, 09:05 AM
Fail...
I'm 3rd from the bottom

I'm not much better steve?...just one point and one place better than you

Missed!
12th December 2011, 01:05 PM
Finished 8th with 67 points, not bad didn't think I would do so well

bovrilheid
12th December 2011, 01:13 PM
Finished 8th with 67 points, not bad didn't think I would do so well

good man...hope you get lucky in the draw to win the prizes

bovrilheid
12th December 2011, 01:14 PM
Steve....what happened???? 2nd bottom??? not that I am gloating only a few points more than you....and I wasnt much better in the BDO competition either

Paul D
12th December 2011, 01:21 PM
I finished mid-table with 53 points.. better luck next time!

What I meant to ask was is this a competition (and associated prize draw) per tournament?

Paul D
12th December 2011, 02:03 PM
Just registered my predictions for the PDC World Championships... got to the end.. it said there'd been an error.. so I pressed to go back, entered them all again, and it said there'd been an error.. so this time I just hit "submit".. upon checking my predictions, I've got 126 matches listed against my name and when I look, I've got two predictions for each match.. I'm not the only person who this has happened to - other people also have 126 matches listed against their name..

Edit: very quick response from Lee at Dartsmad - apparently this happens from time to time but they're not sure why. He's going to clear my first set of predictions and keep the second set. Impressed with the fast response.

DartsMad.com
12th December 2011, 09:41 PM
Zuiderduin Masters & Ally Pally results can be found here (http://www.dartsmad.com/darts-news/?p=5563)

Both Worlds registering now, these prizes are excellent thanks to Bulls and Darts Corner.

Paul, each comp has a different prize yes, we can't replicate the error so put it down to browser issues or user input:biggrinodf: The main thing is we clean them before the comps start.

Cheers

bovrilheid
12th December 2011, 10:24 PM
Ok just got my new bulls advantage 2 dartboard for the gsod competition...brilliant stuff. Thanks to all at darts mad and DC for the prize...much appreciated.:D

bovrilheid
12th December 2011, 10:56 PM
Thats cool Bovril!

Quality board....delivered free to my house grip.....cannae beat it can you?

Steve Metalman
12th December 2011, 11:16 PM
OMG you got a Bulls board for a prize...how cool is that!!!

And shipped to the Shetlands :eekodf: :coolodf:

Missed!
13th December 2011, 11:30 AM
OMG I won!!!

1. Bull’s Deluxe Wood Cabinet (black or light oak) + Focus dartboard - Mick Healy

Yippee - many thanks to Dartsmad for this. Great competition and free to enter, can't be bad.

bovrilheid
13th December 2011, 11:42 AM
OMG I won!!!

1. Bull’s Deluxe Wood Cabinet (black or light oak) + Focus dartboard - Mick Healy

Yippee - many thanks to Dartsmad for this. Great competition and free to enter, can't be bad.

well done mate....it's brilliant isn't it.......quality prize too. hearty congratualtions

Missed!
13th December 2011, 11:44 AM
well done mate....it's brilliant isn't it.......quality prize too. hearty congratualtions

cheers bovrilheid, well done on yours too mate

bovrilheid
13th December 2011, 12:53 PM
Nice one Missed! how cool is that! and Bovril the Bulls are great boards!

Yep it looks like a good board....first time I have seen a different hanging system rather than the big screw and the wall bracket......my blade 4 still only 2 month old and have my trainer board up in position 2 in the garage.....so new board just waiting there to be promoted to main board!!!

Paul D
13th December 2011, 01:40 PM
OMG I won!!!

Nice one! Congratulations..

Dave Dart
13th December 2011, 01:42 PM
OMG I won!!!

Great work Missed............................................

Nesquik
13th December 2011, 07:34 PM
Congratulations to win!

For me, I just won a good feelings. I tied for first place in 2011 Zuiderduin Masters :eekodf::D
What I want more? Lucky Loser :cheekyodf: It's great competition. Keep it up Dartsmad :)

TROUBLEAGAIN
13th December 2011, 07:44 PM
Well done- love the Dartsmad comps adds to the enjoyment.

Steve Metalman
13th December 2011, 08:17 PM
Yep it looks like a good board....first time I have seen a different hanging system rather than the big screw and the wall bracket......my blade 4 still only 2 month old and have my trainer board up in position 2 in the garage.....so new board just waiting there to be promoted to main board!!!

What I do with my boards is
Once the board has been rotated twice 14 to 20 then skip a segment then rotated again, I then switch boards and start again.
As I have 4 different boards this gives me a full wear and tear routine on all of them.

bovrilheid
14th December 2011, 08:28 AM
What I do with my boards is
Once the board has been rotated twice 14 to 20 then skip a segment then rotated again, I then switch boards and start again.
As I have 4 different boards this gives me a full wear and tear routine on all of them.

the lure of a new board is strong....I just love throwing the first few darts at it.....you have given me the perfect excuse to use new Board.

Nesquik
14th December 2011, 02:24 PM
Ok, when nobody praise you, praise yourself :D I beat tipster in Zuiderduin Masters 2011 be 1 with other 2 guys with 16800 points.
That's all ... :cheekyodf:

Missed!
14th December 2011, 03:07 PM
Ok, when nobody praise you, praise yourself :D I beat tipster in Zuiderduin Masters 2011 be 1 with other 2 guys with 16800 points.
That's all ... :cheekyodf:

Well done mate, did you win anything?

Venigoor
14th December 2011, 03:12 PM
Congrats Nesquik! :)

Now I have entered the Beat The tipster tournament for Lakeside and PDC :) Yeaj! This will be fun =)

leigh d
14th December 2011, 03:13 PM
so just done mine for the worlds and checked standings to see if it had gone on and im on there twice.i done one the other day but didnt think it had worked.how do i get rid off one i dont want,
will this effect getting a prize if i were to be so lucky?

Nesquik
14th December 2011, 03:18 PM
Well done mate, did you win anything?

Thanks, have a lucky hand. Unfortunately not, the prices were drawing :) Maybe next time ;)

I also entered to the Ladborkes and Lakeside, so we will see :)

Steve Metalman
3rd January 2012, 06:10 PM
With the countdown to lakeside this week. theres only a few days left to get your entries in
Pit your wits against the dartsmad tipster and be in with a chance to win a fantastic prize for free

Read More...
Click Here- Lakeside World Professional Darts Championship (http://www.dartsmad.com/tipster/tipster_competitions.aspx)

Un_signed
3rd January 2012, 06:18 PM
I ended up finishing 3rd out of everyone who entered it, for the pdc worlds champs.
im quite pleased with myself tbh :)

Steve Metalman
3rd January 2012, 06:22 PM
Nice one Jake, do you feel lucky enough (sorry...well versed in the runners and riders :biggrinodf:)
to enter the lakeside one?

Un_signed
3rd January 2012, 06:24 PM
i entered all of them at the same time mate.
did the z masters, pdc and lakeside all at the same time.
so yes i am brave enough as i have entered :)

Jake.

Venigoor
3rd January 2012, 07:53 PM
I did also enter both PDC and BDO Championship :)

I had some fluke on the PDC one and become number 1 :) If not something crazy happens :)

But I will not have the same fluke on the BDO :)

bovrilheid
3rd January 2012, 08:14 PM
I did also enter both PDC and BDO Championship :)

I had some fluke on the PDC one and become number 1 :) If not something crazy happens :)

But I will not have the same fluke on the BDO :)

Well done Glen....hope sensei Steve can magic you up a "beat the tipster" award for you signature. Let us know if you Win a prize. It is a shame that number one doesn't win at least something though.

Venigoor
4th January 2012, 09:11 AM
Yes Andrew, of course I will :) Yeah a little shame is it, I beat the Tipster with 35 points, and beat all others :D hehe :)

Paul D
4th January 2012, 09:58 AM
Tipster beat me by 5 points for the PDC Worlds... thought I might've snuck into the draw for the prizes.. never mind.. better luck next time..

Missed!
4th January 2012, 10:17 AM
Rubbish on this one, managed 112 points and the tipster had 120

philrocks84
5th January 2012, 08:55 PM
I managed to end up with 139 not bad going

Steve Metalman
5th January 2012, 09:06 PM
Well done Glen....hope sensei Steve can magic you up a "beat the tipster" award for you signature. Let us know if you Win a prize. It is a shame that number one doesn't win at least something though.

I'll have to go down the Beat the tipster Trophy shop just for Venigoor coming top dont you think?

mc1958
5th January 2012, 09:34 PM
just checked and I got 125 so beat the tipster by 5 - 30 off of the winning score though - well done Glen

Steve Metalman
5th January 2012, 09:44 PM
I guess if you get 20 people coming joint top, they'd have to share a dartboard, so although it seems harsh, it makes sense to have a prize draw.

As Venigoor is one of our members he can have a forum sig award.

I've just been to the tipster trophy shop and found this
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/Steve-Metalman/Forum%20awards/Beatthetipster02.png

Steve Metalman
6th January 2012, 03:32 PM
I dont know when dartsmad stops taking entries for the lakeside, but seeing the tourmament starts tomorrow, if you are thinking of entering the beat the tipster comp for this, you'd better be quick!!

Read More...

closey30
6th January 2012, 07:00 PM
I came 5th out of over 300 people in the darts mad fantasy league, not bad i must say !, and i have made no changes since day one i must add

Geordie steve
6th January 2012, 07:17 PM
122 for me, mid table mediocrity

DartsMad.com
6th January 2012, 07:17 PM
I came 5th out of over 300 people in the darts mad fantasy league, not bad i must say !, and i have made no changes since day one i must add

Hope your squad do well at Lakeside mate, the comp isn't over yet!.....there could be room for improvement on that 5th place.

DartsMad.com
6th January 2012, 07:23 PM
I guess if you get 20 people coming joint top, they'd have to share a dartboard, so although it seems harsh, it makes sense to have a prize draw.

As Venigoor is one of our members he can have a forum sig award.

I've just been to the tipster trophy shop and found this
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/Steve-Metalman/Forum%20awards/Beatthetipster02.png

Nice one Steve, you are right potentially we could have people tied for places and have to make a draw anyway, we give hope to the underdog and think our format keeps it interesting throughout a tournament! It's supposed to be a challenge in itself beating the Tipster, however most players managed that this time....

The results from the PDC World Championship can be found in the link below, and don't forget Lakeside is still open for entries.

http://www.dartsmad.com/darts-news/?p=5856

I have no idea if a forum member made the prizes, good luck to everyone!

Cheers

Steve Metalman
6th January 2012, 07:35 PM
Doesn't look like any of our members made the prize stage unfortunately,
so it looks like Glen Rosberg ( Venigoor) will have to suffice with a prestigious forum award lol

When does the Lakeside comp close for registration dartsmad?

DartsMad.com
6th January 2012, 07:46 PM
Entries will not be counted after the first dart is thrown Steve, Glen tied for 1st place with George Williams that's the nature of the comp though.

Steve Metalman
6th January 2012, 07:51 PM
Entries will not be counted after the first dart is thrown Steve, Glen tied for 1st place with George Williams that's the nature of the comp though.

Thats handy, it means any last minute stragglers will have have a chance to enter this latest comp

Thanks for that
And good luck to all that have entered :smileodf:

closey30
10th January 2012, 09:04 PM
Hope your squad do well at Lakeside mate, the comp isn't over yet!.....there could be room for improvement on that 5th place.

got jennings and winstanley left in tournemant so can see me dropping down the league as alot will have adams waites and winstanley all in their team.

Randos
11th January 2012, 10:42 AM
1st time playing beat the tipster and i have only gone and won (PDC 2012 World Championship)

Cant belive it 1st time I have ever won anything like this, over the moon.

Steve Metalman
11th January 2012, 10:48 AM
1st time playing beat the tipster and i have only gone and won (PDC world chapionship 2012)

Cant belive it 1st time I have ever won anything like this, over the moon.

Congratulations Randos
Great feeling isn't it, nice prize too

Welcome to the forum :smileodf:

Randos
11th January 2012, 11:48 AM
Congratulations Randos
Great feeling isn't it, nice prize too

Welcome to the forum :smileodf:

Cheers

anyone know delivery times for the prize's, not doing so well in the Lakeside beat the tipster, looking forward to the 2012 premier league.

Steve Metalman
11th January 2012, 12:05 PM
Cheers

anyone know delivery times for the prize's, not doing so well in the Lakeside beat the tipster, looking forward to the 2012 premier league.

I dont know personally, there have been winners on the forum before who may know
sorry, I've no idea, two or three weeks maybe??

Missed!
11th January 2012, 12:17 PM
Cheers

I won the players championship comp a few weeks ago. It takes about a week for them to send you an email with delivery information. I'm still waiting for the prize but not worried as I'm sure it will be here soon.

Randos
11th January 2012, 12:23 PM
I won the players championship comp a few weeks ago. It takes about a week for them to send you an email with delivery information. I'm still waiting for the prize but not worried as I'm sure it will be here soon.

I got the email yesterday asking for delivery details, I was expecting it to be a few weeks

bovrilheid
11th January 2012, 01:11 PM
i won gsod and it took around 3 weeks for all the prizes to arrive....don't panic they are worth waiting on

Randos
11th January 2012, 01:42 PM
i won gsod and it took around 3 weeks for all the prizes to arrive....don't panic they are worth waiting on

Yea that was what i was thinking it would be.

How do you guys get the Awards?

Steve Metalman
11th January 2012, 01:50 PM
They are dartsforum awards given to the regular members.
Bovrilheids was for winning the dartsforum competiton last year
Venigoors was awarded for coming top of the tipsters.

Other awards are earnt for outstanding services to the forum, eg Darts DIY, or computer programs and other forum run competitions etc

Randos
11th January 2012, 01:57 PM
That's a good idea for the people that get involved with the forum, I'm on a few other forums and haven't seen that before.

Steve Metalman
11th January 2012, 02:03 PM
That's a good idea for the people that get involved with the forum, I'm on a few other forums and haven't seen that before.

The forum members make the forum what it is, its good to give something back :smileodf:

bovrilheid
11th January 2012, 02:25 PM
The forum members make the forum what it is, its good to give something back :smileodf:

Steve....any chance of an award then for the world famous "Bovrilheid Shetland Shove Happenny"???

:cheekyodf::biggrinodf::cheekyodf:

Steve Metalman
11th January 2012, 02:29 PM
Steve....any chance of an award then for the world famous "Bovrilheid Shetland Shove Happenny"???

:cheekyodf::biggrinodf::cheekyodf:
Lol :biggrinodf:

Fame at last!!!
You've got a forum game named after you and have got it included in Misseds dartscorer thats your award ha ha

bovrilheid
11th January 2012, 02:32 PM
Lol :biggrinodf:

Fame at last!!!
You've got a forum game named after you and have got it included in Misseds dartscorer thats your award ha ha

shows you how good it is if it is in missed's scorer.....still think it worth an award....:p:p

DartsMad.com
11th January 2012, 09:48 PM
I got the email yesterday asking for delivery details, I was expecting it to be a few weeks

Hi Welcome to the forum! Basically I don't believe in harvesting peoples personal details until they win something. So after we have completed a comp (usually within a week of the final) we then contact the winners for shipping address etc. When I have the replies I then forward them to DC. We don't have any expectations from them in terms of delivery but assume that it takes a back seat to normal day to day work, so it may take a week or two.

Cheers

bovrilheid
21st January 2012, 06:44 PM
anyone any idea who won the competition for the BDO???? I know I was higher than tipster.....and I'm guessing the draw has been made by now

Missed!
21st January 2012, 06:50 PM
anyone any idea who won the competition for the BDO???? I know I was higher than tipster.....and I'm guessing the draw has been made by now

Draw hasn't been made yet, check it here to find out the winners http://www.dartsmad.com/darts-news/category/competitions/

DartsMad.com
30th January 2012, 09:49 PM
Bit of a delay on this one due to various outside influences. However the winners can be found here:

http://www.dartsmad.com/darts-news/?p=6154

Just putting together something for the Premier League, but no prizes announced yet and we are still tweaking the entry form.

I will post here when its live and registrations are being accepted.

Steve Metalman
2nd February 2012, 05:00 AM
Just had a go at entering but my entry was chucked out twice
Would you mind explaining in simple terms how we post scores and for those who havent done a beat the tipster before

I thought it was 1st to 8
so I posted
8-2
4-8
8-3
8-6
8-4 etc and so on
and pressed submit after filling all the boxes

Could you tell me if this is the correct way please
Kind regards Steve :smileodf:

Missed!
2nd February 2012, 01:57 PM
That's the correct way Steve, don't know why it was rejected.

I received my prize today for the player's championship Bulls Focus board and a Bulls HI-Q aluminium cabinet, looks the mutts nuts thanks DartsMad

Paul D
2nd February 2012, 02:44 PM
Just had a go at entering but my entry was chucked out twice
Would you mind explaining in simple terms how we post scores and for those who havent done a beat the tipster before

I thought it was 1st to 8
so I posted
8-2
4-8
8-3
8-6
8-4 etc and so on
and pressed submit after filling all the boxes

Could you tell me if this is the correct way please
Kind regards Steve :smileodf:

I tried to enter the PDC World's competition using Firefox.. messed up twice.. I didn't try again in another browser for fear of having three duplicate entries.. I know it's not common now but some places build (and test) their sites solely for IE..

Paul D
2nd February 2012, 02:48 PM
Steve I've checked the standings and you've got 112 match predictions.. so you've had the same problem as I did before the World's.. you've got duplicate entries..

Steve Metalman
2nd February 2012, 06:49 PM
Thanks very much for the info
Yeah, it looks like I have a double entry.

If Dartsmad sees this
Would you mind if its possible taking one of the duplicates off please
I dont mind which one, they were both random guesses cheers :smileodf:

DartsMad.com
2nd February 2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks very much for the info
Yeah, it looks like I have a double entry.

If Dartsmad sees this
Would you mind if its possible taking one of the duplicates off please
I dont mind which one, they were both random guesses cheers :smileodf:

Steve, no problem this will be cleaned up and the duplicate removed. It happens now and again but it's something we haven't been able to replicate in testing. IE, Firefox and Chrome should all work, there maybe an issue with certain versions I don't know.

As the format of PL is diff to usual tournaments, we have some work to do on the form, but thats a wee manual task our end, submissions are being accepted.

Still easier than getting entries in via email/spreadsheet etc.

Cheers, oh and I could offer up a book or set of tungsten to the highest placed forum member again if you wanted? The main prizes confirmed so far are signed/framed Phil Taylor photo, Unicorn Dartboard surrounds and Mystery Prizes yet to be announced!

Cheers

Steve Metalman
2nd February 2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks, thats great :coolodf:

We had a great response last time you offered us a forum prize
So I'd encourage members to sign up now and we'll create a forum thread so people can post their entry name as we did last time.
Anyone who has entered already, please remember to
post your Dartsmad name and forum user name, here or on the new thread
I'll pop a link up as soon as we've made a thread

Thanks again DartsMad for thinking of us :smileodf:

TROUBLEAGAIN
2nd February 2012, 09:29 PM
Same thing happened with me.

Steve Metalman
2nd February 2012, 11:32 PM
Dartsforum Highest Placed Forum member thread is now up

http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6574-Premier-League-Beat-the-tipster-2012&p=148050#post148050

If you have already entered, please let us know,
All new entries please post at the above link

Good luck to all taking part :smileodf:

Randos
8th March 2012, 10:45 AM
Can anyone tell me how long it took for there prizes to be delivered?

Missed!
8th March 2012, 11:38 AM
Took about 5 weeks for me in total. Dartsmad have to contact the supplier then wait for them to deliver. Worth the wait though!-

Randos
8th March 2012, 11:49 AM
I have been waiting just over 8 weeks now. I know it will be worth the wait but was just wondering how long it was going to be.

Missed!
8th March 2012, 12:09 PM
Use this link to contact them, they will respond http://www.dartsmad.com/contact_us.aspx

Randos
8th March 2012, 12:21 PM
Cheers will do

Randos
3rd April 2012, 12:56 PM
Part of my prize was delivered today, I got the stand and the darts matt

both look to be good quality.

Missed!
3rd April 2012, 01:01 PM
Nice one, the rest will be with you shortly I'm sure

Randos
9th May 2012, 04:56 PM
Still waiting for the rest of the prize hope it comes soon, I could do with the board

Paul R
11th January 2013, 07:26 AM
got my beat the tipster forum winners prize yesterday(will post pic over weekend)a lovely set of harrows assassins.............woo hoo,cheers dartsmad much appreciated:biggrinodf:

katsu
11th January 2013, 08:36 AM
well done you :biggrinodf:

The Cobra
11th January 2013, 09:12 AM
got my beat the tipster forum winners prize yesterday(will post pic over weekend)a lovely set of harrows assassins.............woo hoo,cheers dartsmad much appreciated:biggrinodf:

Nice prize Paul, well done mate!

Paul R
11th January 2013, 09:13 AM
cheers kat:biggrinodf:
cheers scott:biggrinodf:

Jack
11th January 2013, 09:21 AM
What about a pic?

Paul R
11th January 2013, 09:28 AM
gonna be sorting it soon jack!patience mr bomber,patience:cheekyodf:

Paul D
11th January 2013, 09:30 AM
Let me know how they go :) I considered these recently but decided against them..

Paul R
11th January 2013, 09:33 AM
here they are:biggrinodf:
http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q784/xmyangelx/IMG_0960_zpse1f7d179.jpg

Paul D
11th January 2013, 09:34 AM
they're not the ones I was thinking of!.. 28g? Did you get a choice in that?

Paul R
11th January 2013, 09:35 AM
they're not the ones I was thinking of!.. 28g? Did you get a choice in that?

erm ........nope!

Paul R
11th January 2013, 09:36 AM
im a 22g man meself,occasionally 23-24g,gonna have to get on the weightbench before i throw these!!!:cheekyodf:

Paul D
Still - nice to win something :D have a chuck - see how they go.. you never know - it might be your weight after all!

Paul R
Still - nice to win something :D have a chuck - see how they go.. you never know - it might be your weight after all!

this is true:smileodf:

The Cobra
11th January 2013, 10:47 AM
I'm sure he'll have a bash. Likes a mess about does our Paul!!!

Paul D
11th January 2013, 10:49 AM

Yeah but once he's done that do you think he might have a throw of the darts?

Paul R
11th January 2013, 11:44 AM

not so sure scott,28g!! can just about pick em up lol:cheekyodf:

The Cobra

Probably, then he might have to change setup on them, and again, and again lol

Paul R

oooooooo errrrrrrrrr innuendo..............i like it!:winkodf:

The Cobra
11th January 2013, 11:45 AM
not so sure scott,28g!! can just about pick em up lol:cheekyodf:

lol think of it as weight training aswell mate, no need to go to gym!!

Paul R
11th January 2013, 11:46 AM
couple of days on them and you can call me arnold lol:biggrinodf:

The Cobra
11th January 2013, 11:46 AM

lol class mate!

Jack
11th January 2013, 11:59 AM

????????????
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/icarus2012/arnold.jpg

katsu
11th January 2013, 12:10 PM
????????????

:rofl2::rofl2:

Paul R
11th January 2013, 01:27 PM
????????????

pmsl nooooooooooooooooooo
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7g4z8zaoZ1qc30fq.jpg
my throwing arm after 2 days on the 28's!!:cheekyodf:

The Cobra
11th January 2013, 01:37 PM
pmsl nooooooooooooooooooo
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7g4z8zaoZ1qc30fq.jpg
my throwing arm after 2 days on the 28's!!:cheekyodf:

Would be ace mate! Especially with a little, normal non-throwing arm!!! haha! Massive arm man!

The Cobra
6th September 2013, 06:49 AM
Whats happening with the Beat The Tipster comp? There are PDC comps coming up that are listed on BTT Dartsmad, but they aren't available to register for??? Also, the Matchplay comp hasn't closed down yet?

Paul R
6th September 2013, 06:55 AM
Whats happening with the Beat The Tipster comp? There are PDC comps coming up that are listed on BTT Dartsmad, but they aren't available to register for??? Also, the Matchplay comp hasn't closed down yet?

noticed this yesterday scott seems there isn't going to be one for this weekends event:confusedodf:yet its listed as "coming soon"

TROUBLEAGAIN
6th September 2013, 11:29 AM

Maybe hes won the lottery and moved to somewhere nice.

mc1958
9th September 2013, 12:37 PM
He is around somewhere - he has updated the site with a report from the weekend's tournament

Paul R
9th September 2013, 12:48 PM
no news as to why there wasn't a comp tho!

The Cobra
19th September 2013, 12:23 PM
Just bumping this thread again. Has Beat The Tipster been done away with or is it still going??

Steve Metalman
19th September 2013, 02:49 PM
Usually when DM goes quiet they are updating the software

I suspect thats whats happening now, these things take time to get right and transfer everything across.

I'm guessing though, I dont actually know if this is the case.

For all I know they could be sunning it up on a new boat in the Med lol

TROUBLEAGAIN
19th September 2013, 03:00 PM
I still won though can't take that away :eekodf:

Paul R
20th September 2013, 06:26 AM
this'll be the 2nd euro event that hasn't had a tipster comp wont it?

The Cobra
20th September 2013, 07:53 AM
It will indeed Paul. I emailed them this morning and just had a reply saying they will be starting them again. I'm thinking it will be too soon for them to be starting this one!

Paul R
21st September 2013, 07:05 AM
always adds a bit of extra excitement does the tipster comp,cmon guys lets get it on again even if its just for kudos!

MrLil8
30th June 2014, 07:55 PM
This ran its course? no more for 2014?

Steve Metalman
30th June 2014, 11:52 PM
This ran its course? no more for 2014?
When/if they can, dartsmad will let us know :smileodf: