PDA

View Full Version : Does your wife, girlfriend or significant support you playing darts?

RNLarry
22nd December 2010, 02:10 PM
My beautiful wife is behine me 100% encourages me and even stood by me when I spent lots of money searching for the right dart for me (15 new sets within a year).
Btw found my darts and so far have sold off 10 sets.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/641/027oj.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/i/027oj.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Heres my Irish Princess Diana recent pic at age 53

viking
22nd December 2010, 02:19 PM
Yea my Mrs is very supportive and she's also really got into the darts, the fellas at her place who have tickets for the semi finals of the world championships won't talk to her about darts any more because she knows more about it than them :biggrinodf: I play twice a week and practice a lot.

kong
22nd December 2010, 02:23 PM
my x wife hated me playing dart and tryed to get me to pack it in many times,she was ok at tv ones when she would get her mug on tv (could only be shown after 9) but she hated how my life was always darts,she used to say u love darts more than me,she was right she would also say you would end the marrage before you would pack in darts,again she was right and i would tell her i played darts b4 i met you,and i,ll be playing darts long after ive got rid of you.......least i was honest......

now my current girlfriend ruth is diffrent all together,she pushes me to play,tells me off if ive not had enough practice,drives me wherever whenever i need to go somewhere,id been seing ruth a while b4 id left the x mrs and i left the x mrs the week b4 i got the final in the world masters,big weight off my shoulders and my darts now are going lovely and i think a big part of that is down to ruth...she looks after me well and i,ll i need to do is focus on darts....

Bigshow
22nd December 2010, 02:24 PM
My woman knew darts was a big part of my life before we got it on. She didn`t realise how much though until we moved in together and every night i was spending 1-2 hours practicing upstairs so she asked me to put the board up in the living room so we could at least speak while i praticed and she could watch the soaps. Now thats compromise.

RNLarry
22nd December 2010, 02:34 PM
Kong keep her! Cuz you can't play consistent darts without that support period. I know good players who just play aweful more than they should because of conflict.
BTW rooting for ya fella:biggrinodf:

RNLarry
22nd December 2010, 02:35 PM
A keeper!!!!!

viking
22nd December 2010, 02:35 PM
Even my boss is understanding hence the dart board on my desk :biggrinodf:

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h403/pacarr1985/IMG_0085-2.jpg?t=1293028617

RNLarry
22nd December 2010, 02:37 PM
Even my boss is understanding hence the dart board on my desk :biggrinodf:

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h403/pacarr1985/IMG_0085-1.jpg?t=1293028449

Now I like that alot!!

Reebok_Rebel
22nd December 2010, 02:40 PM
i have a great girlfriend who ive been living with for about a year now, been together for about 2 and are going to be having my first little wanderer around late june!

she is the one who got me in to darts in the firts place, i had never picked one up 18 months ago...now im on like my 5th set of the dam things...

kong
22nd December 2010, 02:40 PM
hey larry all you have to do now is get her to let go of that remote control lol....

viking
22nd December 2010, 02:41 PM
hey larry all you have to do now is get her to let go of that remote control lol....

Come on kong not even you can get the remote off a woman, I demand evidence if you say you can :biggrinodf::biggrinodf:

kong
22nd December 2010, 02:43 PM
send um shpopping hahaha....works a treat lol

viking
22nd December 2010, 02:45 PM

sod that, might as well buy an extra telly for what my Mrs would spend shopping.

RNLarry
22nd December 2010, 02:47 PM

Yeah she gets a death grip on it:biggrinodf:

kong
22nd December 2010, 02:56 PM
lol be gratefull its on the remote,other bits could make ya eyes water.....let her have the remote hahaha

RNLarry
22nd December 2010, 03:09 PM
:cheekyodf:

It does work like Kong says but the shopping is hard on the bank account then she comes home all excited and grabs the remote anyway:cheekyodf: Tried hiding it but she got the dog trained to find it LOL so I just hit the board and smile:redfaceodf:

RNLarry
22nd December 2010, 03:10 PM
lol be gratefull its on the remote,other bits could make ya eyes water.....let her have the remote hahaha

Once again words of wisdom from the Kong:biggrinodf:

mattav1
22nd December 2010, 03:12 PM
Ermmm mine does and she doesn't. She was the one who signed me up for the team as her Uncle plays but she does have a moan sometimes when I practice instead of spending time with her.

She doesn't seem to understand the dedication and practice required to get to a good standard in darts and she doesn't really have a lot of hobbies which is why I think she doesn't understand. But other times she will encourage me and have a game, but I get frustrated with that because I have to add up/take away her scores as well as mine :rolleyes:

I think if I was knocking on the county door though she would probably understand more, especially if it was my job like Kong!

kong
22nd December 2010, 03:17 PM
it aint always been my job,ive been there when the moans come about always bein on the board,i used to say u dont moan when im comin home with cash or cheques r coming through the door,that was the x wife tho,.........with ruth she will come in my dart room and do the scores on the laptop on the no1 game so i dont have to stop n type,she can also keep an eye on me startin to dip and tell me to pull ones finger out lol....what a woman....wouldnt swop her for the world

RNLarry
22nd December 2010, 03:19 PM
Ermmm mine does and she doesn't. She was the one who signed me up for the team as her Uncle plays but she does have a moan sometimes when I practice instead of spending time with her.

She doesn't seem to understand the dedication and practice required to get to a good standard in darts and she doesn't really have a lot of hobbies which is why I think she doesn't understand. But other times she will encourage me and have a game, but I get frustrated with that because I have to add up/take away her scores as well as mine :rolleyes:

I think if I was knocking on the county door though she would probably understand more, especially if it was my job like Kong!

She sounds reasonable. Try playing American cricket and give her lots of marks too make it so she has a chance. My wife gives me lots of marks , just kiddin!:biggrinodf:

RNLarry
22nd December 2010, 03:25 PM
it aint always been my job,ive been there when the moans come about always bein on the board,i used to say u dont moan when im comin home with cash or cheques r coming through the door,that was the x wife tho,.........with ruth she will come in my dart room and do the scores on the laptop on the no1 game so i dont have to stop n type,she can also keep an eye on me startin to dip and tell me to pull ones finger out lol....what a woman....wouldnt swop her for the world

Kong that is definetly a keeper mate:biggrinodf:

And on that remote thing remember it can be used as a weapon. I once wrapped it in a towel and hid it in the bathroom closet. Within 10 seconds she put Jake our dog on it and 30 sec later had the remote with a smug grin on her face:redfaceodf:

dartnut
22nd December 2010, 04:30 PM
my wife hates darts for it takes time from home....not interested in tournament reults or anything about this beautiful game... it hurts sometimes...

Steve Metalman
22nd December 2010, 06:11 PM
Ha ha thought of Kong being a babe magnet.
Ruth is great I like her a lot, makes a really good cuppa too

Nice looking girl you've got there Larry.

Yeah I've got a good un too, Mrs metalman knows more about dart players than I do.
Has a great knowlege of sport especially footie

Encourages me to do well and sets me targets to practice finishing.
Likes me having the dartboard she bought me in the living room.

Have been together 22 years in may.

Craig-
22nd December 2010, 06:20 PM
I have neither (except my mum? Ha), but if i did, i wouldnt let anyone get in the way of practicing.

Giraffe
22nd December 2010, 06:24 PM
my wife dosent mind me playing darts, she used to come out when I played but that stopped cause she didnt like sitting on her own for hours whilst I was playing. She even didnt mind me playing the night before we got married.
She dosent even mind being called Mrs Giraffe.