PDA

View Full Version : So what other sports do you play? or did Play?

RNLarry
24th December 2010, 11:38 AM
I played basketball high school and in the Army. In my early years was United States Southeast Tae Kwon Do Champion, Fla and Georgia Champ. Like to bowl and dance with my missus. And how about you?:biggrinodf:

hightower
24th December 2010, 11:44 AM
I played football and cricket , Wasnt that great at eithier !

Craig-
24th December 2010, 11:48 AM
Played football, not at any professional level but was pretty good and enjoyed it alot. I love darts, but football is still my #1 sport.

ot3pch4n
24th December 2010, 11:52 AM
Basketball & pool for me :)

RNLarry
24th December 2010, 12:16 PM
Basketball & pool for me :)

Yeah I like pool too but not very good at all:redfaceodf:

Steve Metalman
24th December 2010, 01:07 PM
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1208/imgp3950e.jpg

Mountaineering!!
This piccy was taken on Tuesday in the Devils Kitchen, Llyn Ogwen North Wales, about an hour from where I live.
The only trouble is my mates want me to camping with them on the 28th, I said stuff that its bloody freezing.
"Aw, come out with your mates" they said, "we've got loads of whisky".
I said "you're in a tent at minus 15 in the snow , it better be the good stuff".
"Well I'm not coming camping but I don't mind coming out for the day".
"We will have to kidnap you then" said big Ian.

So thats what I do other than darts, a bit of rock climbing.

F4tboy
24th December 2010, 01:15 PM
http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/shocked/shocked.gif Thats some set of icicles Steve.

I hope you carried out a risk assessment before starting:cheekyodf:.

I have played football at local league level until knee injury stopped me.

Practised Judo for years.

Played Pool for the pub although I dont do tactics, pot everything in site.

Apart from that rugby, hockey, basketball, archery, shooting, Cricket (I am Rubbish) to name a few.

Martin71109
24th December 2010, 02:06 PM
Just the basic football and golf for me, played football throughout my early years and now at 33 years old i play golf more :)

TNT
24th December 2010, 02:55 PM
Rugby and Football for me not played team football for a while, and rugby career appears to be winding down when I look out of the window and cant bring myself to go to training!

dartnut
25th December 2010, 10:01 AM
used to play, table tennis, basketball, baseball, soccer, swimming and chess

RNLarry
25th December 2010, 03:29 PM

Mountaineering!!
This piccy was taken on Tuesday in the Devils Kitchen, Llyn Ogwen North Wales, about an hour from where I live.
The only trouble is my mates want me to camping with them on the 28th, I said stuff that its bloody freezing.
I said "you're in a tent at minus 15 in the snow , it better be the good stuff".

Steve I knew you climbed but dude that's one hell of a rock. I know you use all safety precautions-PLEASE - and that takes some kind of strength- I'm impressed:biggrinodf:

Steve Metalman
25th December 2010, 04:47 PM
Steve I knew you climbed but dude that's one hell of a rock. I know you use all safety precautions-PLEASE - and that takes some kind of strength- I'm impressed:biggrinodf:

Too blinking cold for me Larry.
I like being there but its freezing, and I'm not very fit at the moment so its hard work.
Yeah safety is an issue, It can kill you, or damage you if you fall or bang your head.
You can't just wander up there with out the proper equipment.

I'm not going winter camping this year ( yet/at all),
Its too warm in the house and I've settled in for the time being.
And my cars poorly.

Still got Christmas day snow in the garden

The stuff near the road is ok, there are some pretty woodland spots near by
For a start its a long walk

Robert
25th December 2010, 05:58 PM
i played football for a local amateur team up until last year won a fair share of leagues & cups,i now help run another amateur team, it keeps my involved with the footie on a saturday and i was also quite good a judo when i was younger. i got to brown belt and i won the west of scotland championship,scottish championship & british championship all in the one year :) lost interest about the same time i discoverd girls and underage drinking !!!
just hope one day i can/will win a league or cup with my darts team or even better the league singles or pairs. i suppose i can always dream lol

Giraffe
25th December 2010, 06:03 PM
There are other sports!?!

I did judo for years and got a brown belt, and I used to play a bit of football.

Shed Inn
25th December 2010, 08:51 PM
Ayup Comrades

Played football in my youth,a bit of snooker and pool.
Later on took up mountain biking and road cycling, I'm very competitive and into fitness.

Shed.

the lamb
26th December 2010, 08:19 AM
I go on the Pista...!!

Track cycling on a velodrome...

Calshot is my favorite down in southampton it used to have 60 degree banking, but now its only 45.. but i still love it.

DoubleOut
26th December 2010, 08:40 AM
Basketball when I was younger, then some running (bit tall for that) and more recently Indoor Rowing . . . now its darts!

clwyd_darts13
28th December 2010, 01:09 AM

Mountaineering!!

Yikes never seen it looking that bad up and around there, bet Aber Falls looks just as beautiful at the moment. Noticed how much the A483 looks like it passes through Narnia !?

Yikes never seen it look so bad up and around there before, bet Aber Falls looks just as beautiful right now. Seen the A483 recently it looks like you driving through Narnia?!

kong
28th December 2010, 10:22 AM
football,boxing,rugby,vollyball and was made to play cricket in school even tho i hated it.........was a good swimmer aswell and swam for my local town till i was 12

clwyd_darts13
28th December 2010, 05:53 PM
Played Hockey but never liked it much. Damaged my back playing in a six aside league so it curtailed any other sporting ideas i had.
Always wanted be play American Football when i was younger, used to be able to knock cans off a goal post from beyond the half way line but alas no leagues or anything at that point so play darts instead.