PDA

View Full Version : Last throw of the night?

DoubleOut
25th December 2010, 01:31 AM
I can never walk away (finish a session) on a bad throw, I have to keep going till I let three fly that feel good, there have been many a time when that last throw lasts a lot of darts :zzzs:

F4tboy
25th December 2010, 01:34 AM
LOL, Yea I do that as well.

I usually like to score 100 with my last 3 darts, before I walk away.

dartnut
25th December 2010, 09:57 AM
never play after a game...

Andio
25th December 2010, 12:13 PM
I can never walk away (finish a session) on a bad throw, I have to keep going till I let three fly that feel good, there have been many a time when that last throw lasts a lot of darts :zzzs:

Same here, I refuse to leave the darts in the board when I get a 26.

I keep going until I get at least a ton :D

Shed Inn
26th December 2010, 10:28 AM
Ayup Comrades

I'M really OCD when it comes to last darts! It doesn't have to be a ton, but it dose have to be pleasing to the eye aesthetically !!!!!

Shed.

wilbydoughboy
26th December 2010, 05:05 PM
I remember a good while back when I hadnt been playing darts for long a player stating before he put his darts away he would get 3 bulls which he did. I havent seen this done since and it has always stuck clearly in my mind. Another time I got a fellow drinker to have a game and he then hit a 170 finish and he hardly ever use to play. These things are hard to forget.

Steve Metalman
26th December 2010, 05:24 PM
Made me chuckle this thread, Yeah I have to leave a ton or better before I leave.

I might just change that round a bit from now on.

A ton is a nice full stop (period) to an end of a session

tanic180
26th December 2010, 07:35 PM
ton or more before i put my darts away

danny2572
26th December 2010, 10:17 PM
Hehe yea same here, I cant walk away after I throw some bad darts. I need 6 darts to go in the 20 before I walk away. Even if I throw 2 85s It's not good enough. I need to throw 6 darts straight... Ive got a few annoying ocd's so I thought it was just me! : P

smiley
26th December 2010, 10:31 PM
if I am playing a normal practice session at home, then I won't leave until I have hit a steady 501 leg of sub-21...if I need more than 21 darts then I start the leg again...until I have played a 501 leg in < 21...then I leave the board fairly content...

Also if it is not really late...i.e. after 11:30 ... then I also try to play round the world doubles 1-20 in < 60 darts. Both of these are a good 'warm-down' and help me to leave the oche fairly content...

However on match nights, I tend not to do any practicing after my matches [singles / pairs]...usually they go straight back in the case after the match is complete.

Regards
Smiley :)

the lamb
27th December 2010, 08:03 AM
I have to get 3 in the 20 before i can leave the room...

NEZ
27th December 2010, 01:47 PM
usually for me its a ton or a 60 with good grouping

nnj
28th December 2010, 12:00 AM
never play after a game...im with you, ill warmup for hours and practise for days on end..but as soon as a match is done im done

Spoonz
28th December 2010, 04:14 PM
i use to have to hit a ton or something along those lines but now i play No1 and once 1 of us as won i just put them on the case use to leave the darts in the board but the next day the 3 holes would stay there lol

clwyd_darts13
28th December 2010, 06:14 PM
LOL, Yea I do that as well.

I usually like to score 100 with my last 3 darts, before I walk away.
Same as me always used to do this when my wife was waiting for me.
If im in the pub on my own not until i have a leg 21 darts or less

ChrisB
31st December 2010, 02:21 PM
Im the same,3 good darts before i leave,glad to hear im not the only one who does this lol!

hightower
4th January 2011, 11:13 AM
Me - I have a hit a nine darter b4 I finish ( I'm still playing now from when I first started !!! lol )

No seriously - Anything over a ton - its normally 105

Spoonz
4th January 2011, 11:33 AM
Me - I have a hit a nine darter b4 I finish ( I'm still playing now from when I first started !!! lol )

No seriously - Anything over a ton - its normally 105

lmfaooo

Toli
4th January 2011, 02:17 PM
I definitely don't do this. If I'm coming to the end of practice and I throw a bag of nails I tend to stop right there and just come back to it later.

Like Spoonz said, I don't leave my darts in the board either coz it leaves holes