PDA

View Full Version : best board for myself and wife to play on

mrwatford
4th January 2012, 04:12 PM
Hi, really looking for advice and even a pic of a board you recomend.....

myself and my wife play together for fun and nothing more, we are actualy reasonable players but nothing special, we dont really mind the cost as i know quality always wins and you get what you pay for in the end and i really believe that, so people over to you with opinions pls]]

thankyou for taking time to help

RNLarry
4th January 2012, 04:20 PM
I recommend a dart board:cheekyodf: Naw just kidding fella, Bulls advantage is my fav but Blade 4 is also a nice board.

Steve Metalman
4th January 2012, 04:20 PM
Heres my review, I love this board

< Click here - Target Pro Tour Dartboard Review> (http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?5182-Review-Target-Pro-Tour-DC-Edition)

Not bad on price either

http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/images/targetprotourdartboard1sm.gif

< Product Link> (http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/Dartboards-Professional/c342_1077/p4537/Dartboards---Target---%3Cb%3EPro-Tour%3C/b%3E----World-Championship---Ultimate-Slim-Wire---%3Cb%3ESpecial-Editon%3C/b%3E/product_info.html)

Pearce161
4th January 2012, 04:24 PM
if its for the wife may i suggest .......an ironing board??:biggrinodf::biggrinodf:

Un_signed
4th January 2012, 04:26 PM
if its for the wife may i suggest .......an ironing board??:biggrinodf::biggrinodf:

legend.

sator73
4th January 2012, 04:29 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/4he521.gif
http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?5838-Review-WINMAU-BLADE-4

here is my Rewiew of the Blade 4 Board!

Paul D
4th January 2012, 04:29 PM
Steve what's the spider like on the TPT? I know you said the Blade 4 spider was a big improvement over the Blade 3.

mrwatford
4th January 2012, 04:30 PM
this is very interesting and clearly its all about opinions, i dont mind buying online but i do miss the going into the shop and looking up close as i enjoy a browse around, anyone know of a shop where you can actualy walk in and see whats on offer or is it all online these days

Steve Metalman
4th January 2012, 04:40 PM
Hi
Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view this is a dartscorner.co.uk sponsored site.
We therefore cant mention other retailers
Sorry about that :smileodf:

RNLarry
4th January 2012, 04:40 PM
this is very interesting and clearly its all about opinions, i dont mind buying online but i do miss the going into the shop and looking up close as i enjoy a browse around, anyone know of a shop where you can actualy walk in and see whats on offer or is it all online these days

Sorry mate this is a darts Corner site and what your asking is not allowed. However the boards that have been recommended to you are more than sufficient for you and ya missus. Cheers

RNLarry
4th January 2012, 04:42 PM
Hi
Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view this is a dartscorner.co.uk sponsored site.
We therefore cant mention other retailers
Sorry about that :smileodf:

Sorry Steve ya beat me to it.

Steve Metalman
4th January 2012, 04:43 PM
Steve what's the spider like on the TPT? I know you said the Blade 4 spider was a big improvement over the Blade 3.
Hi Paul
Its very much like the Blade 4 and eclipse pro in the sense that the Blade system is buried rather than floating on the top, if thats what you are asking

Paul D
4th January 2012, 04:43 PM
Hi Paul
Its very much like the Blade 4 and eclipse pro in the sense that the Blade system is buried rather than floating on the top, if thats what you are asking

Yep that was what I was asking.. just in a bit of a daft way!

Steve Metalman
4th January 2012, 04:44 PM
Sorry Steve ya beat me to it.

Lol its alright, you beat me to most other posts ha ha

mrwatford
4th January 2012, 04:47 PM
just shows you how new i am, sorry if i made an error but i cant say honestly it wont hppen again lol but ill try, ok is darts corner in bolton open to the public ?

Steve Metalman
4th January 2012, 04:50 PM
just shows you how new i am, sorry if i made an error but i cant say honestly it wont hppen again lol but ill try, ok is darts corner in bolton open to the public ?

I've never been but I think they have a counter.
Give them a ring on;
01204 811000

BanannaMan
4th January 2012, 04:54 PM
yes its open to the public - just go up belmont road . past a restaurant on the right (italian) forgot its name. as you hit the dip at bottom turn right and dartcrner at bottom off that road on the right think its unit 4.cheers

ps they got about 4 target pro tour boards on offer at min . ( things on sale in shop ).

mrwatford
4th January 2012, 05:00 PM
perfect advice from you all, i think i will order online as im not driving form hemel hempstead to bolton lol all great advice and i know where im going now cheers all

mrwatford
4th January 2012, 05:44 PM
Have decided on the target pro as it does have some very positive reviews so ill purchase one of these and start playing again

Steve Metalman
4th January 2012, 07:20 PM
Let us know what you think when it arrives, good or bad.
All feed back is welcome :smileodf:

JohnBW83
10th January 2012, 03:28 PM
The next board i get i will be ordering from DC. Do they have a shop or on-line only?

Steve Metalman
10th January 2012, 03:31 PM
Dartscorner is in Bolton, I've never been, but they have a counter
Egerton road, Belmont I think I'll post the address in a minute

Steve Metalman
10th January 2012, 03:33 PM
Darts Corner Ltd
Unit 9, Belmont Works
Egerton Road
Belmont
Bolton
BL7 8BN

Tel: 01204 811000

Jwest
10th January 2012, 04:33 PM
If money is not an option I reccomend the Bulls Advantage its simply the best board on the market bar none.

Steve Metalman
10th January 2012, 04:36 PM
@ 25 Its the Target Pro Tour every time for me

TROUBLEAGAIN
10th January 2012, 04:41 PM
@ 25 Its the Target Pro Tour every time for me

I think its safe to say our team arent Blade 4 fans..

Steve Metalman
10th January 2012, 04:44 PM
I think its safe to say our team arent Blade 4 fans..
As a fellow team member of Troubles ...I agree.

I'd rather have a short lived Eclipse pro than go through rock hard blade 4s

JohnBW83
15th January 2012, 08:11 AM
I have the eclipse pro and love it. Are the blade4 that different?

Joe Totale
17th January 2012, 11:16 PM
I would get a Target Pro Tour. Usually about 25 but you can get them slightly cheaper in certain places

aRoyalShark
17th January 2012, 11:23 PM
i bought a target pt after reading your review steve, it came today must say i was really pleased with the quality, it feels quite loose for a new board tho so will have to see how it develops, but overall so far played liek 5hrs on it and i must say im very glad i bought it and i great price too