PDA

View Full Version : Capello is finished

Steve Metalman
8th February 2012, 08:30 PM
Seriously...he's just this minute resigned :biggrinodf:

TROUBLEAGAIN
8th February 2012, 08:33 PM
Beat me to it- Medias favourite Arry weeks getting better and better..

F4tboy
8th February 2012, 08:34 PM
:eekodf:Really?

And Harry Redknapp has just been found not guilty.....

.....next England manager perhaps?

(Although I think he will be viewed as a loose cannon by the establishment and end up like Brian Clough and be overlooked.)

Steve Metalman
8th February 2012, 08:36 PM
Why do you think the Judge ( obviously a football fan) found Harry not guilty!! :biggrinodf:

LOWTOWER
8th February 2012, 08:39 PM
Good riddance !

TROUBLEAGAIN
8th February 2012, 08:39 PM
Lifes about timing. No other candidate.

Steve Metalman
8th February 2012, 08:41 PM
Lifes about timing. No other candidate.
Well there is Sam the Anfield cat, he couldn't do any worse....
He knew how to get the players attention :biggrinodf:

Giraffe
8th February 2012, 08:45 PM

He would be puurrfect!! check out my avatar

LOWTOWER
8th February 2012, 08:45 PM
Jose Mourinho for me !!! Come on Jose England needs you !!!

TROUBLEAGAIN
8th February 2012, 08:46 PM

He couldnt get Liverpool to cross the ball though--

TROUBLEAGAIN
8th February 2012, 08:47 PM
He couldnt get Liverpool to cross the ball though--

Not that i watched it of course going to bed early #sicknote

F4tboy
8th February 2012, 09:10 PM
The only ones sorry to see Capello go are the the Spurs fans!

Stuart Pearce should be next England manager, done a good job with the U21`s.

lovejoy
8th February 2012, 09:16 PM
Could they get redknapp to manage both till the end of the season? Don't thnk he'll totally leave spurs yet. Be great if he did though, we might do well for once!

Petinho
8th February 2012, 09:19 PM
McClaren back for me :rolleyesodf:

Dave Dart
8th February 2012, 09:23 PM
It seems a coincidence that Copello resigns the day Harry gats aquitted...................................mmmmmmm mmmmmm.......

LOWTOWER
8th February 2012, 09:30 PM
Could they get redknapp to manage both till the end of the season? Don't thnk he'll totally leave spurs yet. Be great if he did though, we might do well for once!

Redknapp ? Really ? Why ?

lovejoy
8th February 2012, 09:32 PM
Redknapp ? Really ? Why ?

He's the best English manger atm by far, countries should be managed by someone from that country imo. Plus he's a damn good manager. Anything else?.......

JEDI
8th February 2012, 10:17 PM
He's the best English manger atm by far, countries should be managed by someone from that country imo. Plus he's a damn good manager. Anything else?.......

gotta agree and he's covered his Bungs up so well, he got a not guilty in court.................................

Steve Metalman
8th February 2012, 10:34 PM
Martin O Neil would be my choice

lovejoy
8th February 2012, 10:41 PM
Martin O Neil would be my choice

He's never gonna leave Sunderland already.....good manager though!

Martin71109
8th February 2012, 10:49 PM
gotta agree with lowtower, mourinho would be my choice

Dave Dart
8th February 2012, 10:50 PM
The special one..................................Not for England.....................

Martin71109
8th February 2012, 10:52 PM
The special one..................................Not for England.....................

why not dave?

Dave Dart
8th February 2012, 10:55 PM
Just think he's to big an ego for us..............................

Dave Dart
8th February 2012, 10:57 PM

The Euro's would become the mourinho show.................................

Martin71109
8th February 2012, 11:01 PM

naaah, you need somebody like him to manage the roony's, terry's and the nation on your shoulder

Martin71109
8th February 2012, 11:33 PM
david beckham 66/1 :rolleyesodf: worth a tenner :winkodf:

TROUBLEAGAIN
8th February 2012, 11:35 PM
david beckham 66/1 :rolleyesodf: worth a tenner :winkodf:

Ill take your tenner.

TROUBLEAGAIN
8th February 2012, 11:35 PM
naaah, you need somebody like him to manage the roony's, terry's and the nation on your shoulder

Im on a roll leave them all behind..seriously..

TROUBLEAGAIN
8th February 2012, 11:36 PM

Hes many things but he isnt a fool..

Martin71109
8th February 2012, 11:36 PM
Ill take your tenner.

stranger things have happened :biggrinodf:

Martin71109
8th February 2012, 11:37 PM
Hes many things but he isnt a fool..

his trophy cabinet shows he is no fool

Hazza
9th February 2012, 12:01 AM
Redknapp has to be a cert for this, not that I wan't him to go, would hope he stays till the end of the season.

super whites
9th February 2012, 12:01 AM
Not the best of timing realy. Back in August the FA announced that the next Englang manager would be English so unless they go back on their word (that would never happen would it :rolleyesodf:) that would rule out the likes of Mourinho, Wenger, Hiddink (would be my choice behind 'arry), O'Neil.

If you look at English managers out of work there would be Steve Coppell, Steve Bruce, Venables, Curbishley, Phill brown, Shearer. Lets face it there is a reason they are without a club.

So on to managers with a club, Roy Hodgson - not good enough imo, Allardyce - too much his own man so dont think FA would be keen, Pardew - doing well at Newcastle but would be a big gamble, Redknapp - ticks all the boxes for me but i cant see him leaving Spurs without Levy blessing and i cant see him letting him go without a fight and when you take into account that a Champions League spot worth 15million even if you lose every game, then how much would the compensation be?

The only solution i can see is if the FA approach Spurs with the offer of Harry doing both jobs until the end of the season and Daniel Levy agrees to it. Failing that i would offer Pearce the job on a temporary basis until after the Euros. If he does well he can have the job if not, go for Redknapp in the summer.

JohnBW83
9th February 2012, 07:01 AM
I think Harry would be a good choice but having the season he is having with spurs would he take the risk. I do think it will be him but should he decide not to then who else do you have that would want to take the role. Sam Allydice maybe when he was Bolton manager he said himself that he could not turn it down if he was offer the job. Alot depends on Harry as i feel he will be the one they call to first.

Tongo
9th February 2012, 08:36 AM
Doesnt matter who they get, England are not as good as the players and the media think they are. Quarter-finals for this summer, semi-finals at a stretch but England are not going to challenge Spain, Germany, Holland etc for the title.

JohnBW83
9th February 2012, 08:42 AM
England do have alot of good young players coming through with the like off Sturrage , Wiltshire and Chamberlain so i think that given the right man to mould the team and to get the firered up would should see an improvement with the team. I think it has to be Harry. As for beckham as much as i think he is England through and thourgh i doutb he has what is takes to control the egos of the bigger names and at management level is untested. I was listening to the radio this morning as they were saying that Harry is almost a cert for the job but i will be at the end of the premiership season with Sir Trevor Brooking taking charge for the next friendly. If spurs get into the champs league then he would be leaving them in a great shape because we all know Harry wants to the be England manager and it would seem a good time to be so.

Martin71109
9th February 2012, 11:02 AM
get the tough talking, and often unpredictable neil warnock in there! :eekodf:

lfcdartsfan
9th February 2012, 11:46 AM
itll never happen but they could do worse than someone like Ian Holloway

whoever its gonna be they need to be someone who is used to getting the best out a squad of average players rather than the likes of capello who have had great success at club level but being able to spend loads of money on transfers, this is where mourinho would fail, cant even believe anyone would suggest him tbh its laughable

obviously you cant just go out and spend money on players to improve an international squad

so lets face it arry is the only one, proven record of doing well with clubs that dont have huge amounts of money to spend and just getting the best out of the players that are allready there for the most part or players of a fairly average level being brought in, maybe not so much at spurs, but like he did with pompy and west ham

spoonie
9th February 2012, 11:46 AM
Warnock would be comedy gold!
As England fans (which I presume the majority of you are) do you feel that the FA has too much of a hand in things and meddles too much? As an outsider, it always seems like the FA need to be centre of attention and the terry situation just added to that.

JEDI
9th February 2012, 01:58 PM
get the tough talking, and often unpredictable neil warnock in there! :eekodf:

hahaha, he would be ace

JohnBW83
9th February 2012, 02:49 PM
how about Mike Bassett :)

Dave Dart
9th February 2012, 04:18 PM
Not the best of timing realy. Back in August the FA announced that the next Englang manager would be English so unless they go back on their word (that would never happen would it :rolleyesodf:) that would rule out the likes of Mourinho, Wenger, Hiddink (would be my choice behind 'arry), O'Neil.

If you look at English managers out of work there would be Steve Coppell, Steve Bruce, Venables, Curbishley, Phill brown, Shearer. Lets face it there is a reason they are without a club.

So on to managers with a club, Roy Hodgson - not good enough imo, Allardyce - too much his own man so dont think FA would be keen, Pardew - doing well at Newcastle but would be a big gamble, Redknapp - ticks all the boxes for me but i cant see him leaving Spurs without Levy blessing and i cant see him letting him go without a fight and when you take into account that a Champions League spot worth 15million even if you lose every game, then how much would the compensation be?

The only solution i can see is if the FA approach Spurs with the offer of Harry doing both jobs until the end of the season and Daniel Levy agrees to it. Failing that i would offer Pearce the job on a temporary basis until after the Euros. If he does well he can have the job if not, go for Redknapp in the summer.

Have you been reading my mind..................lol

TheManWithTheGoldenDart
9th February 2012, 06:23 PM
Doesnt matter who they get, England are not as good as the players and the media think they are. Quarter-finals for this summer, semi-finals at a stretch but England are not going to challenge Spain, Germany, Holland etc for the title.

Agreed 1000%

Harry should stay where he is. If he takes the england job, his gonna do the same or worst than sven and fabio. The players just aint good enough

Steve Metalman
9th February 2012, 07:44 PM
But you could also say it could be the pinnacle of Harrys career.
When you think about it, this is a competition that was won not so long ago by Greece.

Harry is a motivator, he's got a chance of motivating that lot further than their ability.
Someone said he may even bring the English game back into their play instead of this complicated continental stuff.

I'd say give him a chance

Dave Dart
9th February 2012, 08:05 PM
Harry for England.....................Morihno for spurs.......simples

Steve Metalman
9th February 2012, 08:10 PM

Thats Shakespear isn't it? :biggrinodf:

Dave Dart
9th February 2012, 08:13 PM
Thats Shakespear isn't it? :biggrinodf:

Yes from the sonnet "Capello's Revenge" a very English tragedy..................................lol

Steve Metalman
9th February 2012, 08:18 PM
Yes from the sonnet "Capello's Revenge" a very English tragedy..................................lol
Ah yes... one of the greats

Rooneyo Rooneyo, wherefore art thou Rooneyo
Thy misseth thine first two matches...

Didst thou nobbleth thy countrys chances

Martin71109
9th February 2012, 09:45 PM

could be right, might be worth a flutter :biggrinodf:

lfcdartsfan
10th February 2012, 12:36 PM
honestly cant see mourinho going to spurs, he likes to be able to spend the big bucks and just dont see spurs being able to provide him with that much funds yet

lovejoy
10th February 2012, 02:09 PM
Jose has said if a club like spurs became available he'd be interested. I'm pretty sure he'll be leaving Madrid in the summer......

lfcdartsfan
11th February 2012, 04:50 AM
well you never know then but i just cant see him at spuds for some reason, hes hardly the predictable type though

JohnBW83
11th February 2012, 09:32 AM
Its has to be Harry for England. Jose to spurs i think if the can keep them in the champs league spot then it is possible.