PDA

View Full Version : Target Pure Darts?

Andio
4th January 2011, 10:53 AM
Has anybody ever played with these, are they any good?

http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/p37204/Target-Darts---25g-Tungsten-Darts---%3Cb%3EColin-Lloyd-Pure-Target-Darts%3C/b%3E---%3Cb%3E%22with-Pure-Tungsten-Point-and-Barrel%22%3C/b%3E---25g---Style-1/product_info.html

I can get my hands on some 2nd hand for 20, was wondering if it's worth the punt or not?

These are the exact ones, are they the same as the one I linked to (he used that description that DC uses)

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/310/100244892640.jpg

Are they worth 20 in that condition?

Thanks for any help.

dartman180
4th January 2011, 11:49 AM
I play with same darts as those in the picture(22g).I think for 20 it`s a bargain cannot see the condition of them very well but they do not look to bad,how old are they and what weight.
I got mine when they first came out(40)i like the feel of them and that the point is part of the dart,playing well with them at the moment.
Have had no trouble with the points seem to keep sharp quite well.

Andio
4th January 2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks for your input dartman :)

They are 25grams. Not sure how old they are he's got them advertised on a local buy/sell website.

Will have to contact him & ask him.

Thanks again for your help.

If anybody else can help please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks.

Steve Metalman
4th January 2011, 02:27 PM
Hi Andio.
Well it's a significant saving, but you know darts are only as good as the player.
The only way to find out is if you have them in your hands innit!!

You could always sell them afterwards if they ain't for you

Steve Metalman
4th January 2011, 02:29 PM
PS. I don't like tungsten points
If they get broken thats the end of the dart

Andio
4th January 2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks Steve, I'm also worried about the points breaking.

hmmm.... what to do :biggrinodf:

It's not like I'm throwing bad with the darts I have, had countless 180 attempts so far today with the first 2 going in T20, but I like a good bargain.

I know what'll happen I'll cave in & get them, then won't be able to throw the buggers & sell them on.... dunno why I bother wasting my time lol.

Steve Metalman
4th January 2011, 04:16 PM
I call it 'Am I missing out on something' syndrome ha ha!!
It's very difficult to resist the urge.

Well... It's only a 20 experiment.
Clean em up with metal polish chuck in some fresh flights and sell them on for an extra fiver.