PDA

View Full Version : Better than sex......

Wooly Bully
7th January 2011, 03:29 PM
I don’t care how boring this thread may be – I need to boast about what I did last night! My friend saw my score and said “150 left, that’s 3 bulls”. And so I reeled them off – 3 Bulls in one visit – GAME SHOT!!

It will probably never happen again and so I’m loving it, as I’m a pretty average player.

Anyone else checked out like that? I guess you’d never try it in the league so would only be mates games.

gazman
7th January 2011, 03:35 PM
Nope, never had 3 bulls. Or a 170 finish now i come to think of it.

Good darts mate, im sure you didn't let your friend forget it :biggrinodf:

Steve Metalman
7th January 2011, 03:37 PM
Brilliant Wooly.
Well done matey

I've had a few 3 in the bull but not as a finish,
The last one I got was showing off in front of my non darting mates, they were impressed but I was surprised I actually got it said nothing as if I got them all the time ha ha

Paul D
7th January 2011, 03:44 PM
That's great stuff! 3 bulls takes some doing..

I haven't checked out anything like that but the one thing that sticks in my mind is when we were playing in the pub late one Friday night. I don't know if there's a name for this game but basically we were in two teams of two, one side tried to score as many as they could (they were given 10 'lives') while the other side tried to knock off these lives to get them 'out' (a bull knocks two lives off, a 25 knocks one life off).

Now I'd had a few pints by this point and, in all honesty, I was way too drunk to play darts.. but you still think you're a world beater don't you - you know how it is! Anyway my team was trying to hit the bulls/25's. The other team were down to 5 'lives' but my team mate had hit them all.. I was throwing pretty badly and was getting some stick from the other people in the pub, including quite a smarmy bloke that worked behind the bar.. I remember he came up with some cocky remark about how crap I was just as I was about to throw and about how he'd beat me later when his shift was over.. I put my serious face on and told people I'd just been messing around and letting the other team score some points so that my team had a bit of a challenge to beat it and that this throw I'd get the remaining five lives and they'd be out.. I said it quite seriously but really thought it'd massively backfire and I'd just end up looking like a complete idiot and hit nothing yet again.. Because I'd put myself in the position of looking like a total idiot it made me concentrate more than I had been.. I proceeded to hit two bulls and a 25 before walking off to the toilet leaving my darts stuck in the bull/25 without saying a word, thus getting the other team out, thus wiping the smile off the smug barman's face, thus making me look like the best player in the world..

mattav1
7th January 2011, 03:44 PM
Nice darts mate, I've got a 170 but never 3 bulls for me its the hardest thing which you can do so top darts chap.

Bet there was a few shakes when you threw the third one!

RNLarry
7th January 2011, 03:45 PM
Brilliant Wooly.
Well done matey

I've had a few 3 in the bull but not as a finish,
The last one I got was showing off in front of my non darting mates, they were impressed but I was surprised I actually got it said nothing as if I got them all the time ha ha

Congrats to you fella.

Martin71109
7th January 2011, 03:48 PM
And to Wooly Bully :smileodf:

Spoonz
7th January 2011, 04:00 PM
nice work

Steve Metalman
7th January 2011, 04:10 PM
That's great stuff! 3 bulls takes some doing..

I haven't checked out anything like that but the one thing that sticks in my mind is when we were playing in the pub late one Friday night. I don't know if there's a name for this game but basically we were in two teams of two, one side tried to score as many as they could (they were given 10 'lives') while the other side tried to knock off these lives to get them 'out' (a bull knocks two lives off, a 25 knocks one life off).

Sounds like cricket!!

And you my friend are a dude.
Nothing like knocking the smirk off a smug gaskets face, especially when you don't expect to.
Good on ya :coolodf:

Paul D
7th January 2011, 04:25 PM
Sounds like cricket!!

And you my friend are a dude.
Nothing like knocking the smirk off a smug gaskets face, especially when you don't expect to.
Good on ya :coolodf:

I thought it was cricket!! That's what we call it but I didn't know if we'd just made a game up and called it "cricket" or if we'd hugely changed the actual rules of proper cricket so I thought I better explain it in a much more complicated way than was necessary!!

Steve Metalman
7th January 2011, 04:30 PM
Hi paul.
We'll have to call it uk cricket or something because the way we play it is a lot different to the one the rest of the world plays going by the threads on here.

It was quite a popular pub game back in the 70's 80's but kind of dropped off,
along with 'leave it' 'shanghai' and 'Killer'

rhern
7th January 2011, 04:31 PM
I am sure that Gary will not mind me posting this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXAmwQerar8

3 Bullseyes on Garys knee's!

Paul D
7th January 2011, 04:33 PM
Hi paul.
We'll have to call it uk cricket or something because the way we play it is a lot different to the one the rest of the world plays going by the threads on here.

It was quite a popular pub game back in the 70's 80's but kind of dropped off,
along with 'leave it' 'shanghai' and 'Killer'

UK Cricket it is then :) thanks Steve...

Steve Metalman
7th January 2011, 04:35 PM

Hmmm....:suspect: ha ha
Something suspicious about that vid.
How did that little lad reach so high to put those darts in

Wooly Bully
7th January 2011, 04:39 PM
Nice darts mate, I've got a 170 but never 3 bulls for me its the hardest thing which you can do so top darts chap.

Bet there was a few shakes when you threw the third one!

Actually I wasn't - it was one of those rare incredibly focussed moments. I knew if I stopped to think it'd definately miss. When I threw it I knew it was bloody close and looked in but I've never run so quick to the board in my life!! Once confirmed, cue massive shouts and jumping up and down!! My mate picked up his darts and said he may as well go home!!

Would love a 170 - my next goal I think

Toli
7th January 2011, 05:17 PM
3 bulls, solid performance! well played sir

Term`
7th January 2011, 05:27 PM
awesome, managed 3 bulls but never in a match, altho in most matches I struggle to hit anything generally due to nerves, gave up yrs ago lol

Spoonz
7th January 2011, 05:35 PM

tantic or whatever his name is aint it lol

JEDI
7th January 2011, 06:34 PM
cue TANIC...................................:biggrinod f::biggrinodf::biggrinodf:

Steve Metalman
7th January 2011, 06:41 PM
cue TANIC...................................:biggrinod f::biggrinodf::biggrinodf:
Like a toffee apple on a stick!! :eekodf:

dartnut
7th January 2011, 08:30 PM
well done; one of my opponents tried it once but failed on the second....

i lashed him the next leg with a 160: bull - t20- bull just to teach him

sparky147
7th January 2011, 08:52 PM
Kudos on the 3 bulls mate, ive had 2 bulls then a 25 before.......But better than sex, dont think so hehe

rhern
7th January 2011, 09:27 PM
Hmmm....:suspect: ha ha
Something suspicious about that vid.
How did that little lad reach so high to put those darts in

Dunno what you mean Steve. Gary is an great darts player!

;)

ICEMAN
9th January 2011, 02:45 AM
welldone Wooly mate you must have been ecstatic after the last one had gone in, I have only managed three bulls one the once but wasn't on a finish.

cricket is a great game fairplay we don't seem to play it any more in my local, I remember once hitting the 11 wickets in three throws,including 2 bulls and one 25.

Gingert76
9th January 2011, 12:14 PM
Done it twice in friendly games, it's a unwritten rule that if you leave a Eric '150' then you have to go for it but I'm the only one in the pub to have hit it and the whole pub went quiet after the second bull went in lol

Well done matey on it, looks so cool as well!

Wooly Bully
9th January 2011, 04:53 PM
Talking of it looking cool, here it is.....
http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz219/wardga/2011-01-06202316.jpg

Steve Metalman
9th January 2011, 04:58 PM
Nice grouping :coolodf:

tanic180
10th January 2011, 07:21 PM

lol hmm nice try I've done it twice plenty of witnesses but no video evidence :frownodf:

Gary Foster
10th January 2011, 09:21 PM

I thank you (takes bow, and retreats through side door) :)

Steve Metalman
10th January 2011, 09:30 PM
I thank you (takes bow, and retreats through side door) :)

Was that you?
I eat humble pie at my suspicions :redfaceodf: And take back my comments
Well done for getting it on film

Gary Foster
10th January 2011, 09:35 PM
Was that you?
I eat humble pie at my suspicions :redfaceodf: And take back my comments
Well done for getting it on film

You serious? watch it again and keep your eye on the flights (and the stems and the barrels lol)

Steve Metalman
10th January 2011, 09:42 PM
You serious? watch it again and keep your eye on the flights (and the stems and the barrels lol)

Too late I've eaten it now lol, I should have had custard with it.
You rotter ha ha

Gary Foster
10th January 2011, 09:54 PM
Too late I've eaten it now lol, I should have had custard with it.
You rotter ha ha

Big lols, you muppet! ;)

RWA
10th January 2011, 10:31 PM
Hook line and sinker :D

RNLarry
21st June 2011, 01:52 PM
heheheh and hahahahahaha I love it

Buzz180
21st June 2011, 06:10 PM
Missed this thread :(

Have done it twice in league :) but tbh it's not something I would go for in league.

I have done it in practice a few times, and it can be seen in the following vid. I have to admit I was going for 25, but after I put the first two in, I had to try it. However my best has to be 3 in the bull on a pro trainer.

3 bulls @ 5.46, soz about the sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tNgo1eHu-M

Steve Metalman
21st June 2011, 06:16 PM
Missed this thread :(

Have done it twice in league :) but tbh it's not something I would go for in league.

I have done it in practice a few times, and it can be seen in the following vid. I have to admit I was going for 25, but after I put the first two in, I had to try it. However my best has to be 3 in the bull on a pro trainer.

3 bulls @ 5.46, soz about the sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tNgo1eHu-M

Ha ha nice :coolodf: