PDA

View Full Version : World cup bid

gazman
3rd December 2010, 07:00 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3257780/Its-a-fix-Russians-knew-World-Cup-bid-result.html

Well we lost out to the Russians, but was it a backhand highest bidder got the gig or did the best bid win?

Thoughts.

JEDI
3rd December 2010, 08:53 PM
considering Quatar finished higher than us.................i think its an absolute joke!!

Steve Metalman
4th December 2010, 01:07 AM
Total Fit up!!
Eurovision song contest
Stitched up like a kipper

F4tboy
9th December 2010, 10:53 PM
Sepp Blatter & Michel Platini hate English football.

Flowery swear words to the both them.

TROUBLEAGAIN
9th December 2010, 11:37 PM
In a way im glad we didnt get it let the FIFA brigade have there way.. --We have an over inflated opinion of ourselves its Russias turn - Qatar and Russia may well be dodgy and a mess we can then stand back and take the moral high ground and never take part in the rigged fiasco again..

F4tboy
9th December 2010, 11:47 PM
If FIFA think they have heard the last of this they are greatly mistaken.

Our media will examine everything they do and every decision they make for the forseeable future now.

Who's Winnin
10th December 2010, 02:30 AM
I think now it is a case of forget about bidding for it anytime in near future and save our cash ! Hopefully fifa will have a new regime in future years and new ideas and not just sell themselves to the highest bidder.

The_Dreambhoy
10th December 2010, 11:57 AM
Do you not think that it is a bit ridiculous that the biggest country in the world has never held a world cup though? Russia seems very outdated in parts and the money a world cup will bring will modernize the poorer parts and make make transport links between the whole place much better. I think it was a good decision, would have prefared Australia rather than Qatar for the next one though. As an outsider I never thought England was in the running anyway, would have thought Spain and Portugal had the best chance.

TNT
10th December 2010, 12:48 PM
Spain had it in 1982. that in mind... why are some countries getting it numerous times since we last did? Same reason I suppose that if one England fan farts, fifa jump on it whilst numerous Italians and Turks can stab people at will and its ok, not to mention the disgraceful racial abuse dished out in Italy...... and spain - even at International level by their own management in the past too.....thats all ok as its not England. I hope Sep Blatter reads this. Sir, you are a Lily.