PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions, returning to the game

yellafella
14th January 2011, 09:58 PM
Hi all,im new to the forums so hi to you all, first a little about me.
Im 32 years old and i used to play alot of darts up to about 8-10 years ago but never in leagues or comps just for fun really although i beat most people i played(they aint the best)
just before christmas i had to be off work due to sickness so i bought a new board to keep me occupied and the dart bug has really bitten me now.

Now for the questions!
on one of the darts i have used for years and was very comfatable with i think the theads had worn out and the shaft would come loose after every throw so i have had to change darts now, i have gone with the same weight(23g) And the ones i have bought are unicorn autograph series.Just been looking on the website and these are actually ladies darts, i dont care bout that as im liking them alot already and getting good results as they have a long barrel and i use all my fingers on the grip so no prob,my question is - whats the difference if any between ladies and gents darts?

Second question
Im really trying to improve my game and plan on enetering some tournaments this year so i have been reading various threads and websites and most seem to say if your darts are spinning through the air its a bad thing but i have always done this without trying since i was about 10 years old so is this like alot of other things and its just whatever works for you?
~MMMh that was a long post hope you all take the time to read it.
thanks in advance for any help n "lets play darts,game on" lol

Steve Metalman
14th January 2011, 10:15 PM
First of all welcome Yellafella.
If your darts spin and its what you've always done, and you hit the target, then it's neither good or bad it just how you play.
Plenty of folks spin their darts naturally.
I think what people are telling you is not to add spin deliberately.

Theres no such thing as ladies darts they are just darts endorsed by a lady player.
Probably with a bit of pink packaging or coloured paint on the barrels.

For example I have a set of Autographs endorsed by a teenager, but they aren't teenagers darts, they are just a type of Bristow dart used by a young and up coming player and enables him to get a bit of sponsorship cash from the marketing

RNLarry
14th January 2011, 10:29 PM
:usa:
First of all welcome Yellafella.
If your darts spin and its what you've always done, and you hit the target, then it's neither good or bad it just how you play.
Plenty of folks spin their darts naturally.
I think what people are telling you is not to add spin deliberately.

Theres no such thing as ladies darts they are just darts endorsed by a lady player.
Probably with a bit of pink packaging or coloured paint on the barrels.

For example I have a set of Autographs endorsed by a teenager, but they aren't teenagers darts, they are just a type of Bristow dart used by a young and up coming player and enables him to get a bit of sponsorship cash from the marketing

My darts spin alot and I think it stablelizes myself. A natural spin though! Do the pros spin? that I don't know. Do you Steve, does yours spin?
BTW Welcome mate!

yellafella
14th January 2011, 10:40 PM
ok thanks guys, thats more or less what i thought, i dont try to add the spin its just the way i release the darts, just happens.
On the ladies darts thing i didnt think there was anything different to a mans, just when i was looking on the unicorn web site they were listed under ladies darts. i guess like you said to try and draw the lady players to them as they may idolize a female player more than a male player.
I have to say i really like them and like you say thats what matters, i wouldnt care if they were bright pink with a picture of a kitten on as long as i hit the taget

Steve Metalman
14th January 2011, 10:52 PM
No Larry I don't spin my darts, I throw them like you'd throw a paper aeroplane

Yellafella you made me chuckle
If they had Kitten darts I'd be buying them, they'd suit my feline nature ha ha

RNLarry
14th January 2011, 11:03 PM
No Larry I don't spin my darts, I throw them like you'd throw a paper aeroplane

Yellafella you made me chuckle
If they had Kitten darts I'd be buying them, they'd suit my feline nature ha ha

Well mine just spin naturally I guess! never really thought that much about it.

Steve Metalman
14th January 2011, 11:05 PM
Well mine just spin naturally I guess! never really thought that much about it.

Don't start thinking,
it's the first step on the rocky road to ruin ha ha

TROUBLEAGAIN
14th January 2011, 11:18 PM
Don't start thinking,
it's the first step on the rocky road to ruin ha ha

yet again i agree with SM-- dont think about it-