PDA

View Full Version : How often???

Westart
15th January 2011, 05:58 PM
Sorry for all the questions folk,
Just wondering how often the rest of you change your flights? When they are falling to bits or at the slightest damage? Proberbly been asked before if so please accept my appologies.

Cheers westart

Giraffe
15th January 2011, 06:18 PM
Mine get changed twice or three times a week.

Ernie The Giant Chicken
15th January 2011, 06:29 PM
Usually when I change darts, so once weekly ;-)

Steve Metalman
15th January 2011, 06:48 PM
Ask away wes :smileodf:

I always use fresh flights for comps and matches.

For practice then I change them when they get really beaten up or if they get warped out of shape
I get an extra go out of them by warming the trailing edges with a lighter and smoothing off the burrs.
You can do the same with nylon stems when they get robin hooded.
Warm them up with the lighter and mould the tang back into place

Buzz180
15th January 2011, 06:54 PM
Norm about every 2 days.

yellafella
15th January 2011, 06:55 PM
Thats good to know steve. i have just changed my darts and also changed from the unicorn fiesta shafts to the unicorn grippa 2 shafts and i have gone through 4 shafts in 2 practice sessions so i will give that a go to see if i can get a few more hours play out of them

F4tboy
15th January 2011, 07:04 PM
:eekodf: I usually only change mine between winter and summer seasons, I only change earlier if they get damaged.

I am still using the set of flights I started this seasons winter league with in October 2010 at the moment.

Steve Metalman
15th January 2011, 07:06 PM
Well... just coz these things are cheap doesn't mean you cant extend their life a bit.

Raff
15th January 2011, 07:22 PM
About once a week unless they're really knackered.

Buzz180
15th January 2011, 08:30 PM
:eekodf: I usually only change mine between winter and summer seasons, I only change earlier if they get damaged.

I am still using the set of flights I started this seasons winter league with in October 2010 at the moment.

It's ok, when you get better, your darts will land closer together, and cause some damage :laughing:

F4tboy
15th January 2011, 08:35 PM
It's ok, when you get better, your darts will land closer together, and cause some damage :laughing:

:cheekyodf: Damn my poor grouping.

Westart
15th January 2011, 10:22 PM
[Usually when I change darts, so once weekly ;-)]

:eekodf:Crikey I'd never thought of changing darts once a week. :eekodf:
Does any one else do it?

Regular change seems to be the norm then!
Cheers Westart.

the lamb
16th January 2011, 08:32 AM
Only as and when they look tatty... but those trident thingys helped, but i've switched to storm smooth points now.

RNLarry
16th January 2011, 11:24 AM
Like Steve , will practice until torn but comps new flights

dartnut
16th January 2011, 11:38 AM
when they are torn at the front side, or more then half torn at the backside

busman
16th January 2011, 12:31 PM
Only when they are really battered and split

gazman
16th January 2011, 12:59 PM
I pretty much keep going till theres begger all left. For a league/comp game, always new stems and flights though.

macca77
16th January 2011, 01:04 PM
I pretty much keep going till theres begger all left. For a league/comp game, always new stems and flights though.
Same as gaz for practice use the flights till they fall apart and when i'm playing use new flights.when i'm playing normally change them every night

sparky147
16th January 2011, 04:10 PM
I change mine when i loose a match, only lost once this season. Im very superstitious.

Dosnt really matter how tatty they get.