Thread: Dartboard Door Hanger

Pub Darts Player

Dartboard Door Hanger

Travel - Board Hanger

I will be working out of town/living out of a hotel for the next 6 or so months. I'll be able to go home during the weekends but want to be able to throw after work. Found a couple bars with electronic boards but don't play much soft tip and don't want to pay to play in a dirty small town midwestern bar. Thought about building a dartmate, and still might, but this door hanger is considerably cheaper, easier to transport, and thus might be better for hotel use. Plus, at $15 I could spend some extra money on a nice surround- right now I'm using some hard foam insulation for a surround for my setup at home.

All things considered it seems like a nice simple way to hang my board in a hotel. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the hanger and and any suggestions for setup. Or any warnings?
    Last edited by Steve Metalman; 6th May 2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Removed link to dart retailer soz

County Darts Player Watikjebrom's Avatar
    Couldn't really tell from the pics in your link. Looks like you hang it at the door and choose the right fixed hole. Your dartboard will be pinned on the screw that you put in de middel of the back?

A suggestion for the surround could be a foldable surround. I thought I have seen this before on some webshop ....
    Dartsforum Awards
    Darts DIY Award (Raised Oche)

---

Best 501: 11 darts (180, 180, 85, 56)
    Best 301: 8 darts
    High in: 160
    High out: 170
    180's: 2011/59, 2012/160, 2013/128 2014/42
    170's ever: 1

Steve Metalman
    Some big blobs of Blue Tack might be useful here to stop the board rotating and wobbling about.
    But overall, what a great simple idea

Blog Entries
    Look up dart angel my mates make them darts corner will be selling them soon
    PROUD MEMBER OF NORTH BRISTOL - CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 2013
    Twitter @TheOmen180

Dartsforum Awards
    Easter 180 Hour Award
    Darts DIY Award (Instructional)
    Official PDC WC Lucky Dip Winner

My Blog
    http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/entry...hink-Of-A-Name
    Thats How I Roll

Steve Metalman
    From what I've read the dart angel is a lot more stable

Might be a bit noisy for an hotel, Knock Knock good evening sir we have received a complaint about the thuds coming from your room oh I see it's a dartboard best of three 501?

It is a very good Idea if your are limited for space & I quite like the concept but needs modification.
    Dartsforum Easter 180 Hour Award (x7)

Hang it on the bathroom door, can't see a problem provided it's not the middle of the night. I'm sure they get worst noise reports than a few thuds

Veritas Aequitas

Steve Metalman
    Of course you will need an Oche mate to go with it

http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/p4727/D...duct_info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Metalman View Post
    Of course you will need an Oche mate to go with it

http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/p4727/D...duct_info.html
    Best piece of kit I ever got.
    "never cruel or cowardly, never give up never in!

Pub Darts Player
    Ordered the hanger, unicorn foldable surround, and a set of trident 180s for about $60 including shipping. I like the looks of the puzzle piece surround from Harrows better but I couldn't find a store that had the hanger and the surround.

Found some sticky back pads in my junk drawer to put on the door to dampen noise and keep the board from spinning and/or scratching the door.

I really like the design of the dart angel, it looks very secure. Is the height adjustable? The main thing I am worried about with the hanger I ordered is the it will fall off the door since it doesn't have a lip to grab the front side of the door. If it falls, I'll be looking into getting a dart angel.

I will be making an oche mate out of some thin cordage and an oche out of electrical tape. Might pick up an oche mate on a future Darts Corner order, especially if I spend over 50 gpb, then it's a Free Gift .

I'm not too concerned about the noise unless I start missing. I am more likely to get noise complaints from yelling about poor throws. Both missing and yelling are directly related to beer intake though. Which could be high since I have a mini fridge in my hotel room right next to where my oche will be

Steve Metalman
    Yes, the height is adjustable on the dart angel.
    I might add, I haven't got one, I'm only going by what I've read

Blog Entries
    Those unicorn measures are Awsome
    If u want a darts angel drop me a pm
    PROUD MEMBER OF NORTH BRISTOL - CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 2013
    Twitter @TheOmen180

Dartsforum Awards
    Easter 180 Hour Award
    Darts DIY Award (Instructional)
    Official PDC WC Lucky Dip Winner

My Blog
    http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/entry...hink-Of-A-Name
    Thats How I Roll

Pub Darts Player
    Will a surround fit around a board mounted on a darts angel? Maybe with some slight modifications?

Not that I ever miss or anything...

Pub Darts Player

The door hanger works great. I changed the plastic feet with some squishy feet as seen in the bottom picture to dampen the noise and to put the board closer to the door. I screwed the mounting screw in pretty far and it hasn't fallen off after at least 4 hours of throwing through the weekend. Set it up in my hotel tonight and practiced for about a half hour without any noise complaints. The surround that I was sent, ordered from an American site that sells the door hanger, is made by DMI, not Unicorn as advertised, but it works well. I made an oche mate out of hemp with a knots for length and height and a heavy metal spacer to use as a plumb so finding the right mounting hole in the hanger is simple. I put the oche mate in my otherwise worthless Purist micro case, perfect. Luckily my hotel carpet has a grid pattern making it easy to set up my toe line. There is an entry light and combined with the bathroom light, it is well lit. Best $15 I've spent on dart gear.

Steve Metalman
    I cant fail to be impressed with such a clever and simple gadget

Nice work, it looks like a really good setup

Veritas Aequitas

Pub Darts Player
    I used this every night for at least an hour last week in 2 different hotels with no noise complaints. I also haven't had any problems with it wanting to fall off and it's very easy to transport. I've gone from being bummed about working out of town to being excited to get some serious practice in.

Steve Metalman
    Thats really good news.
    It would be handy for some of our members stuck in flats, and those with hollow walls etc, if theres room to hang the board on the door.

All we have to do now is convince dartscorner to order some in ha ha

Pub Darts Player
    Picked up the unicorn oche mate with my last DC order and it's ok. I would be much more impressed if it had 2 things: 1) the white plastic end should be heavier to get the folds out of it while measuring for height and 2) some grippers for carpet or suction cups? for wood floors so that when you are taking your measurements you can secure one end to pull the tape tight and so when you get your measurements you can actually use it as a toe line, maybe even some marks for center, etc. I use it anyway but sometimes I graze it with my foot and move it a little. I do like the diagonal measurement though, stick a dart through the last ring and into the double bull to then pull the unsecured end back to the floor get the toe line distance.

I would continue to use my washer on a string but the hotel ladies apparently vacuumed it up and cut the twine off, when I got to my room I just had a washer with 3" of string on it.

Steve Metalman
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jkemp View Post
    I would continue to use my washer on a string but the hotel ladies apparently vacuumed it up and cut the twine off, when I got to my room I just had a washer with 3" of string on it.
    How much do industrial vacuum cleaners cost these days??!!
    Good luck explaining that one on expenses lol