Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Hankey Joins the PDC

Quote Originally Posted by Wile-E-OneEighty View Post
    Let's not underestimate what a massive coup this is for the PDC to get Hankey to switch.

5 years ago Ted would diss the PDC as much as almost anyone and publicly stated he didn't believe in what they did. He was the first to slate it in his first GSOD year.

The GSOD has done exactly what it has always meant to do. It has started to turn the top BDO player's heads and made the PDC a real option.

Also as pointed out on another thread, Sid has apparently tweeted strongly implying TOS has joined the PDC as well
    It also makes you wonder if these stalwarts have lost faith in the BDO or have heard what the new board have been proposing (??) and arent happy with it

Super League Player
    Now with the announcement from PDC that they would be offering the lakeside semi-finalists tour cards would cement the fact he's moving, pity I don't have sky would love to see Ted play. He's always been one of my favourites

How about a ten man Premier League anyone with Tony O'Shea and Ted Hankey added to the card?!

Quote Originally Posted by stockportjack View Post
    How about a ten man Premier League anyone with Tony O'Shea and Ted Hankey added to the card?!
    That would be awesome especially if TOS is World Champion.

You'd then have 5 World Champions in it.
    Fav players: Gary Anderson, Webby, Simon Whitlock.

Quote Originally Posted by stockportjack View Post
    You need to apply to the PDC for a job pal ,that is a great idea

Professional Player Martin71109's Avatar
    i like the idea of ted switching but not sure what impact or progress he will make

only time will tell but i look forward to watching him on my SKY box at home
    Dartsforum Easter 180 Hour Award

COTT Forum v Forum Team dartsforum award

I wonder will Ted handle the crowds at the pdc?
    Dartsforum award
    Darting Lookalikes

Professional Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary O Connor View Post
    I wonder will Ted handle the crowds at the pdc?
    I think he cracked that at the GSOD

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza View Post
    I agree, not a massive Hankey fan but I do lie to watch him, so smooth, and he'll be a big asset to the PDC and SKY. Kinda glad he lost now, wonder if he would still have moved had he won.
    my thoughts exactly, hence why I wanted O'Shea to win, knew Hankey would, it's been a favourite bet for me since after the Grand Slam! If there was foul play involved the BDO should hang their heads in shame, to deliberatly affect a player during a world championship? I can't say how gutted I am for Ted if that's the case, the BDO don't deserve him if it turns out to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Metalman View Post
    They are too busy fuchsiaing themselves with laughter to type
    lol they can afford to do that, all they have to do is wait with open arms, the BDO shoot themselves in the foot, play keystone cops with their world championship, the PDC look after the players that switch and give them the chances, hungry player wants to make an impact, and makes money, win win win for PDC!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Metalman View Post
    I'm with you, I think he'll walk in, and I wouldn't be surprised if a deal hadn't been done long before Lakeside.
    agree, it's in the PDC's interest to do whatever they have to do to secure Hankey's services from a business point of view!

Its just the way things have always been since the split, all the BDO's top players move on to earn a living.
    Dartsforum award
    Darting Lookalikes

Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLEAGAIN View Post
    One thing for sure if he plays like he has done at the Worlds he will be a massive disappointment and will suffer some right royal hammerings.

Im hopeful he will put the practice in stop messing about and the week in week tournaments will sharpen him up so we can see him at his best.
    he needs to stop playing so many games on the oche like slowing down too much and stay in his rhythm, it's not like he needs to slow the game down to beat his opponent!

Quote Originally Posted by Nato View Post
    cant see him doing better than Chisnall has this year. He isnt exactly a spring chicken and his darts can be erratic. I dont think he will do as badly as Woods has but ill be supried if he easily makes it into the big tv tournaments. There could be a lot of players who could qualify through the non 16 seeded places next year, Henderson, Caris, Huybrechts, Klassen, MVG, West x2, Hylton, Farmer, White, Rand, Thornton, Murnan, Smith x loads, Cullen, Jamie Lewis and the host of dutch players looking to move over. And that doesnt include Waites, Winstanely, Fitton, O'Shea who have all been rumoured as to possibly moving over to the PDC. Things are going to be very tough for anyone to qualify for the world championships, let alone another big tv tournament which he would then do battle with 17-32 in the ranking as well, so players like Chisnall, Pipe, Nicholson, Baxter, Caven, Osbourne, Wright, Brown, Part etc etc.

Its not going to be easy!!
    exactly, and neither should it be at pro level! Makes for an extremely interesting 2012 if O'Shea and Fitton switch too, they are both players you wouldn't wanna draw on tele or in UK open!

I'd like to see John boy Walton have a crack at Q school.

Are the west brothers moving to the pdc then?
    It seems to have been implied.
    Are they doing Q school? And even then they might not make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourequiretwo View Post
    Are the west brothers moving to the pdc then?
    It seems to have been implied.
    Are they doing Q school? And even then they might not make it.
    One of them is listed on the q school list?

There's a few BDO players on there

Where is the q school list? I would like to see it.

There is a list on the PDPA website

http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/showt...-2012-Q-School

West is the highest ranked BDO player on there